Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerDriver
    • Apr 2005

DVD Decrypter ISO ->VIDEO_TS files ?

I often use DVD Decrypter Mode.ISO.read to create an ISO file for burning at a later time with DVD Shrink.

I would like to experiment with Nero Recode 2. My question is this: is there a utility that will covert the ISO file created by DVD Decrypter to the file structure required by Recode (e.g. the structure produced by Decrypter Mode.File)?

Currently I mount the ISO via Daemon Tools emulator, then use DVD Decrypter Mode.File to create these files.

Thanks,
    Last edited by TigerDriver; 20 Jul 2005, 05:42 AM. Reason: typos
    Joe
    icantreadpoststhatarentpunctuated
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

WinRAR will open ISO images or, just use Shrink to open the ISO and set to "no compression".

Comment

• TigerDriver
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
      WinRAR will open ISO images or, just use Shrink to open the ISO and set to "no compression".

ISOs output from DVD Decrypter are unencrypted. If the 'Target Device' in DVD Shrink is set to "Hard Disk Files," it outputs discrete files, but encrypts (encodes) them in the process--or so it claims.

I hadn't thought of WinRAR, but you're right, it should just unpack the ISO. I'll give it a try.
      Joe

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by TigerDriver
        ISOs output from DVD Decrypter are unencrypted. If the 'Target Device' in DVD Shrink is set to "Hard Disk Files," it outputs discrete files, but encrypts (encodes) them in the process--or so it claims.
        DVD Shrink doesn't encrypt anything. It does decrypts on the fly if reading the DVD directly and compresses (transcodes in the technical term).

Shrink does read ISO images using "Open Disc Image" or control I. The ISO can then be made into individual DVD files in a folder on the hard disk.

Comment

• TigerDriver
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
          DVD Shrink doesn't encrypt anything. It does decrypts on the fly if reading the DVD directly and compresses (transcodes in the technical term).

Shrink does read ISO images using "Open Disc Image" or control I. The ISO can then be made into individual DVD files in a folder on the hard disk.
          As my original post said, I use Shrink to read, reauthor, and transcode the ISOs created by Decrypter, so this has never been an issue.

Here's where I got confused. I set Shrink for "no compression" and set its backup target to "hard disk folder." When the backup gets underway, Shrink's title-bar message says that it's "Encoding." Since I knew transcoding was required, I assumed that it was encrypting the stream. I just did a test, though, and see that--as you said--it just unpacks the ISO. (Not suprisingingly, WinRAR does this much faster.)

So, I'm surprised to learn that Shrink isn't encrypting the stream after transcoding (or, in this case, pass-though). Now that I think of it, it isn't clear to me whether the data written back to the DVD even needs to be encrypted. That is, do DVD players require encrypted data?
          Last edited by TigerDriver; 20 Jul 2005, 09:44 AM. Reason: typos
          Joe

Comment

Working...