X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungJedi
    • Oct 2004

Nero Recode Error: Star Wars IV - A New Hope

Star Wars IV - A New Hope
    Nero Recode encountered an error and cannot continue.

Failed to read from the file VTS_02_6.VOB

Invalid access to memory location.
    This is upon Recode's initial analyzing... I am using Nero Recode 2.3.0.8 and have decrypted my dvd to my hdd using various methods (DVD Decrypter/DVDFab Decrypter/AnyDVD Ripper/etc.) in order to make a personal backup which all leads to this same error... I have even gone so far as to borrow different friends dvd's of the same title which also all lead to this exact same error when analyzing... The movie plays absolutely fine when viewed directly from the hdd. None of my other five Star Wars films (or any other dvd for that matter) have ever given me this or any other error using the same method for backup. Any help in solving this problem would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
  • SMEG
    • Mar 2006

have you tried dvd region+css free if not goto www.dvdidle.com and download the trial software i backed up Star Wars IV - A New Hope using dvd region+css free and nero recode with no problems

Comment

• YoungJedi
      • Oct 2004

No, I hadn't as I thought the error was due to Recode as I have not received any errors in the ripping process and the movie plays/looks fine from the hdd - but I'll gladly try re-ripping it with that and see if this solves the problem!

P.S. If you're recoding a main movie at 1:1 (no compression -100%) there's no need for "High Quality Mode" or "Advanced Analysis", right?

Comment

• SMEG
        • Mar 2006

i dont think so it should be an exact copy if there is no compression

Comment

• YoungJedi
          • Oct 2004

That's what I figured, just verifying...

And nope, back to the main issue, just tried two different sources of the same dvd with dvd region+css free and nero still having issues, this time:
          Nero Recode encountered an error and cannot continue.

Internal error.
          It constantly is going back and forth between the two errors @80% depending on whether or not the "Enable video preview" is checked/unchecked during the initial analysis...

Comment

• SMEG
            • Mar 2006

took a look on the net here is something someone else did to get round your problem the following is copied word for word

I did figure out a workaround. Hopefully it will work for you too. Launch Recode but select the option "Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital." Import the title, as you would normally do in the traditional "Remake a DVD" option. You might get an error here too. So, repeat the process. At some point (for me, it was the 3rd time), the entire file set was analyzed. Now, exit the program, then go back to your traditional "Remake a DVD" or "Recode an Entire DVD", go through the import title process. Since you've already analyzed your files it in the other option, it should skip this step.

Again, it's a goofy error, and my workaround is somewhat inconsistent, but I did try it on a bunch of different computers, moving a portable Hard Drive to each computer. Each computer eventually was able to analyze the files, all failed the first couple of times.

Keep at it, and it should work for you.

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

I guess it doesn't load in DVD Shrink?

Regards
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• YoungJedi
                • Oct 2004

That wacky trickery actually worked!!!

Big THANK YOU SMEG for that!!!

Hope the folks over at Nero fix that 'lil bug in the next update - odd as I had never encountered anything like it before...

P.S. blutach - I was always advised/read that using the latest AnyDVD->DVD Decrypter->Nero Recode was the very best combo for making my 1:1 (main movie/title 1) backups on my PX-716A with Verbatim media (DVD+R or DVD+R DL, whichever was needed to retain 100%, and with booktype always set to DVD-ROM) with the writer of Shrink continuing his work "legit" through Recode anyways? I would most definitely respect your take on that if you feel there is actually a better way?

Comment

• BR7
                  He is coming to your little town!
                  • Aug 2005

Try running it through fixVTS or vobBlanker

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Phillip
                    • May 2006

I need advice, me got a lot of dvds that I copied badly before I joined forum, now I want to save the environment by erasing and using them.I tried erasing with nero 6 but I get a funny screen saying the option I choose....

Please tell me how I can erase the dvds I wrote using nero 6, or is it advisable to forget about the environment and send them to the bin?

Comment

• SMEG
                      • Mar 2006

might be a daft question but are the dvds re writeables ie dvd+rw

Comment

• Phillip
                        • May 2006

Ay Smeg me confused. Maybe you should tell me what to do if they are re-writables and what to do if the are dvd+rw. I think they are rewritable, you know the 4.7 gb type???? I hope I make sense..........I think they are written REWRITABLE DVD+R....or RW not sure havent got one with me.

I really wish I'd come to the level where I am as technical as you

Comment

• SMEG
                          • Mar 2006

if they are dvd+rw it means you can copy another movie over the one that is already on the disc i dont know what software you have but normaly when you start to burn the software used to burn will deal with the format of the disk if the disc says dvd-r or dvd+r then they can only be written on once

Comment

• Phillip
                            • May 2006

Thank you smeg, I got one with me now it says DVD+R.....that means I am stuffed....maybe I will start only buying DVD+RW if this is not too costly to the homeless.....

Comment

Working...