Any Updates on the AVC(H264) 640x480 profile for iPod?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mshack
    • Feb 2007

Any Updates on the AVC(H264) 640x480 profile for iPod?

Has anyone heard any rumors about whether or not the team at Nero is going to come up with a new profile for iPod...to make use of the 1.5 Mbps 640x480 AVC format that the latest generation of iPods (and soon Apple TV) can display?

The two current profiles work fine. The one is standard Nero digital (Mpg4) with the simple Quick time profile and the other is the AVC profile....but only at the 320x240 ratio and 768 Kbps.

One can manually recode a video file using the AVC codec, the 1.5 Mbps bit rate, and a 640x480 resolution....but for some reason iTunes and the fifth generation iPod won't recognize the result (although it should).

I've read that Nero Recode has to "tag" the file in a certain way to make it work with iPod....thus far, I haven't found any workaround.
  • mshack
    • Feb 2007

Never Mind....As soon as I posted this message, the Nero support group finally emailed me back. Here is a copy of their response:

thank you for your email .
    We do support the IPod profile for the 5th generation only with a resolution of 320x240
    The Ipod 5.5 Generation will be supported soon 640x480 H.264 and Mpeg4 size Video.
    Probably within the next update.

For the Apple TV question. the Ipod profil is still a portable profile, ipod resoltion has a max
    of 320x240, 640x480 if we're talking about the iPod 5.5 . If you want
    standard 720p, please choose th cinema profile and edit it to your needs.
    A profile for AppleTV is not available yet, so please check the specifications
    for the apple product on their website. Nero Recode is able to handle files
    up to HDTV avc (1080p), which refers to high profile level 5 >> H264/MPEG-4
    AVC part 10

Should you wish more information, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Romina Schaefer
    Nero Support

Comment

Working...