Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick6063
    • Jan 2003

Need Help

When trying to open a file with VirtualDub, I get the following error message:

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\vobfiles\vts_04_.1vob:
    An object or name was not found. (C:\vobfiles\vts_04_1.avs,line1) I don't know what line1 is suppose to be. Can anyone help me out on this? The vob file runs on my DVD software. I'm trying to convert the vob file to avs file to play on either VirtualDub or Windows Media Player.

Please bear in mind, I am very very new to this digital vidio stuff'

Nick
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Use DVD2AVI to create a project (D2V) file of the VOB file(s). From there, download the file mpeg2dec.dll (the Tsunami codec pack will have it) and put it in one folder. After checking that Avisynth is installed, create a TXT file, rename it AVS and open in Notepad. Input something like the following:

LoadPlugin("mpeg2dec.dll file location")
    mpeg2source("D2V file location")

Save the file.

Now you should be able to open the AVS file in VirtualDub and any media players.

Comment

• nick6063
      • Jan 2003

Thanks,

I'll try what you suggested. Now I have to find out where to download those items.

Nick

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

The common software items can be found here. MPEG2DEC.dll is available from Tsunami codec pack.

Comment

• nick6063
          • Jan 2003

Enchanter,

Found them and downloaded them. Thanks. I tried to do what you told me to do but am still getting the same error message. I KNOW I'm doing something wrong. It's probably somthing stupid.

Nick

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Show me the contents of your AVS file. In addition to that, have you got Avisynth installed in your system?

p.s. Perhaps you could give GordianKnot, which will simplify the process of AVS creation as well as automating a lot of tasks.

Comment

Working...