Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ruler123
    • Jan 2002

subtitle on the movie... HELP!

i just downloaded a movie and with it came these files with the extentsion .sub .idx and .ifo. I am able to watch the movie but not subtitles comes out. Then after i downloaded vobsub and installed it an error messege keeps showing up

Mplayer2 has caused an error in DVOBSUB.AX
    Mplayer2 will now close.

If you continue to exerpience problems,
    try restarting your computer.

and obviously i have restarted several times =)

please can someone help
  • umitking
    • Jan 2002

You can try different player.May be they will showbtitles.Try Bs player.It' very good ý think.Or try with playa!Install mplayer 2,64 again. may be it solves your problem.

Comment

• Nickmavros
      • Dec 2001

The extension sub is used by micro dvd.
      So you can try using micro dvd to play your movie.
      But micro dvd doesn't choose the subtitle by itself.You need to make a mdvd.ini (micro dvd ini).
      Another way is to use the micro dvd feature called quickini which lets you select the file (avi) of the movie and the subtitlles (sub).

In fact sub is a txt file.
      ....come to take a trip with me in Future World.

Comment

• abdul
        • Jan 2002

First of all WMPlayer doesn't support subtitles (actually there is one modified versiion that does, but that one doesn't allow you to watch full screen)

As said sub is micro dvd format and therefore (i think) it is too much fuzz if you just want to watch a movie with subs instantly

I go with the suggestion of BS-Player, this one uses srt-format and since most of the subtitlefiles (that i use anyway) are in this format, it is a very nice and easy player to use for this.

Only thing left out is that in this case you have to convert the sub into srt and ...................................lucky you there is a program for that

Look at divx-digest under software and then subtitle tools; for your convinience i have put a direct link to one of them here

Comment

• haflo
          • Jan 2002

it is true that the sub extention is for the microdvd player but bsplayer can show all the subtitles on the internet 2day. dl the prog and load the sub file.
          have fun

Comment

Working...