X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grand Wazoo
    • Feb 2003

virtual dub,audio out of sync when splitting

Hello fellas
    Ive just split a film on my hard drive using virtual dub. The problem is when i open the movie file into virtual dub,the following notice comes up:
    "VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability.This may introduce up to 5760 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the entire audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder.(bitrate:126.2plus or minus 16.4kbps)"
    How do i do this cause the audio does(as the notice says) become out of sync with the whole video.While searching the forum,someone mentioned that nandub could be used but i dont think nandub can be used when you're splitting video files. I will really appreciate it if any of you can help me. Cheers guys
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Hey how about not cross-posting... It's not allowed

Comment

• Grand Wazoo
      • Feb 2003

Woops!

Sorry bout that.Didnt know it was not allowed,its just that I always reply to existing threads and when I did recently,someone told me i shouldve posted a new one. I told him that I thought posting new threads was usually frowned upon at the forum if there is already a somewhat related thread.I was wrong though.Anyways,thanks alot for your reply, much appreciated

Comment

• McMillan
        • Feb 2003

desync is possible to take care by selecting the frame rate to match audio duration;
        extract audio,
        use winamp to write .wav audio
        load video,
        load extracted audio,
        select "direct stream copy" to video

video>frame rate

enter the frame rate number in the empty space in the "source rate adjustment", second option. Use the number in brackets () on the third selection, don't USE third selection
        this helped me.
        ...this MIGHT not be the best picture that I have...

Comment

Working...