X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nept
    • May 2003

Not a valid avi file and a problem with flask

Hello

i have installed Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition because in this system Flask Mpeg 0.594 didn't crash in my computer (it crash on w2000 and the w98 didn't boot because of memory).
    Before i have a p3 450Mhz with 256Mb of memory and 20Gb of disk and a Sblive platinum and a asus V6800 video card and i made some movies in 18 hours but now i buy some new components to make in less time the divx movies:
    Althon 1800+
    2 DDR 512Mb of 333Mhz
    A7v333 board
    Maxtor of 200Gb

After that i installed the Divx 505 and radium codec to begin the work after 4 hours i get the file but i can't open (in windows media player 9 says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play" in divx player 2.1 says "This file cannot be opened Unknown Exception caught" and in radlight didnt say anything and didn't open i find this program GSpot v2.2 and it says "Non-AVI File - Type Unknown.")
    So i try to make the movie again but says the same.

This was the options that i put on flask in the 2 times

-Open the ifo file to select the subtitles and audio and flask
    -Select output format Avi output
    -Select output format options and select the divx codec and select
    variable bitrate mode 1-pass
    output video bitstream 1800Kb/s
    maximum key frame interval 150 frames
    and select radium codec
    -Global project options
    frame size 720*576
    25 frames
    select deinterlace video and blend instead of interpolate
    and threshold 20
    -audio same as input and decode audio
    -post processing HQbicubic filtering and keep aspect ratio

And it says the same.
    So I installed more codecs:
    angelpotion
    Nimo50Build9Beta1

And try to make it one more time but now when i select output format options and click on select audio codec the flask disappear.

I wish to know why this appens with flask and if i can see the movie made before?

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You've probably bumped up against the "standard" .AVI 2Gig maximum size to which Flask v.0.594 is limited - and, therefore, created an incomplete/invalid file.

Try setting the "Split file" option (You can subsequently join the sequentially-named files in VirtualDub, with BOTH "Video" and "Audio" set to "Direct Stream Copying". With your system, this additional step should take no more than 10 minutes).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Nept
      • May 2003

Thanks

Hi

"Try setting the "Split file" option" is in the flask in:
      -> options
      ->Global project options
      ->General
      ->Compiling time and select the value by frames or seconds
      is this correct?

P.S I lower the settings of the output video bitstream 1400Kb/s
      maximum key frame interval 200 frames in the divx codec and the quality of sound but give me the same messages.
      So i try to made another movie and flask made it (without legends but i made them with subrip and i find that the files are corrupted (old disk) because i have problems making the legends "LBA sector errors".

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma ;>}

Comment

Working...