Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vince
    • Jan 2002

Can't use Lame ACM Codec with FlaskMPEG and VirtualDub

I downloaded and installed Lame ACM Codec v0.90d (along with lamecom.zip, which includes the lameacm.dll). But I cannot use the audio-codec with FlaskMPEG v0.6 or VirtualDub v1.4.8 in Windows98SE.

However, I see that the codec is installed by checking it at controlpanel -> multimedia -> device -> installed audio-codecs. But the problem is, that I cannot choose it to be a used audio-codec at FlaskMPEG or VirtualDub.

I know that windows has a strange way to mess up with the codecs, and a little editing with regedit or editing the system.ini would help, but not in my case. So if anyone of you have the same kind of problem solved somehow, I would be pleased to hear.
  • vince
    • Jan 2002

Doesn't nobody know a solution for this?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"L ame A in't an M p3 E ncoder" is what LAME stands for. As far as I know, it is not a full-blown codec (Compressor/Decompressor) but rather only a decompressor.

For MP3 encoding (and decoding), I'd suggest that you download the Radium MP3 codec.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• vince
        • Jan 2002

Im not quite sure that I understood your point, but as far as I know the Lame ACM codec is especially made to be used in FlaskMPEG etc. programs, by begin a 'free' audio-codec to use instead of the commercial and hacked Fraunhofer codec.

Because many tests are pointing that Lame offers a better audio quality than Fraunhofers codec, Im interested in it as an option to achieve better outcome in DivX-files. I also encode all my single mp3s with encoder based on Lame technology, and the final result has always been very good.

Comment

Working...