Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kannkor
    • Nov 2003

Exsisting avi, taking out frames

I have a few movies that won't quite fit on a CD, so I'm wanting to take out some frames (more specifically, credits/extra stuff before/end of the movie). What is the easiest/best way to do this? For laughs, i tried windows movie maker... All that was was laughs.

I searched for a while, seen something about TMPGEnc, am going to try that in the morning, although it looks more like encoding.

Any information on this would be a great help. Thanks.

P.S. Incase any of you know, when burning VCD, if they are encoded with divx (like all movies...) will they play in DVD players? Or do you need to make them SVCD's?

Can email me kannkor@comcast.net

Kannkor Sore
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

"I have a few movies that won't quite fit on a CD, so I'm wanting to take out some frames (more specifically, credits/extra stuff before/end of the movie). What is the easiest/best way to do this?"

1. Open file in Virtual/nandub.
    2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy.
    3. Use the Mark In/Out buttons to specify the start and end of the new file respectively. The end will be the scene just before the end credits appear.
    4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file.

"Incase any of you know, when burning VCD, if they are encoded with divx (like all movies...) will they play in DVD players?"

No.

"Or do you need to make them SVCD's?"

Yes, assuming your player supports (S)VCDs.

Regards.

Comment

• Kannkor
      • Nov 2003

Ok great, got virtual dub, and using it. When I load the file, it says...

"VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during the processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 39567 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress it with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 136.8 +- 14.3 kbps)"

I tried a bunch of the options, like sync to audio, unchecked it, and have no idea. The oringal file works fine, the audio is in sync, but any files where I take the end off and recopy it with VirtualDub, the sound is way off (like 30 seconds). Am I doing something wrong? If not, can someone explainhow to uncompress and recompress to get this to work.. thanks!

I assume all newest DVD players support SVCD?

Comment

• pieroxy
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Nov 2003

To recompress the audio you could open TMPGEnc, load your AVI file, check "ES Audio Only", Click Settings, Set your bitrate as high as possible (384kbps), and click Start.

Of course, there may be other options.
        "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

Working...