Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netkrot
    • Dec 2003

Nandub Problem

Hi, I followed the guide (selected the two options) and then went to file, first pass and got this error: Default 1st-pass settings file not found. If I go to "save as" I get: Statistic filename must be set. What is going on? Please help.

Nandub ver: 22
    VD ver: 1.4 d
    Divx 5.1.1
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You need to make sure that you have specified the .stats file that nandub will generate in the first run. Ensure that the DivX 3.11/ MS MPEG4 v2 codecs are installed in your system too (nandub uses chiefly these codecs).

Regards.

Comment

• netkrot
      • Dec 2003

How do you do that (step by step...)? Will it work with 5.1.1?
      Also, I am using nandub 1.0 rc2+divx5.1.1 now. I want to do a file…. I do what the guide says to config. Then go to first pass, a window opens and asks me to save a stats file, I give it a name and press “save”. And then… nothing happens… the file is not saved. Nothing happens at all… What I am doing wrong? Could you give me step by step explanation… Thanks.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I repeat: nandub uses chiefly the DivX 3.11a and MS MPEG4 V2 codecs. No other codecs are accepted. If you need to use DivX 5, use Virtualdub(mod).

Regards.

Comment

• Sapphire
          • Feb 2003

Just read this thread and wondering if you could tell where to get the above codecs etc please? Thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Hi Sapphire,

Most codec packs (including Tsunami, which I noticed you had trouble with) will have the DivX 3.11a codec. If you are interested in stand-alone installers, check out this link. One of them should have the codec available for download.

Regards.

Comment

• Sapphire
              • Feb 2003

Found DivX 3.11a, nandub working fine. Thanks for all the help

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment

• netkrot
                  • Dec 2003

Thanks! You know if I do SBC from 5.1.1 with a 3.1 will the quality be smaller and better than the original? By how much I can reduce the size without compromizing the quallity 10%,20% or 25%.....
                  Last edited by netkrot; 20 Dec 2003, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

"You know if I do SBC from 5.1.1 with a 3.1 will the quality be smaller and better than the original?"

Re-encoding a DivX5-compressed video using the DivX 3.11a compressor? You will lose quality, as happens when using a lossy codec (which category all DivX and XviD codecs fall into).

Please also note that it is not possible to make your video source any better than it already is (bar smoothing or enhancing certain things, which only serve to 'mask').

"By how much I can reduce the size without compromizing the quallity 10%,20% or 25%....."

If you MUST re-encode, I suggest using the better and more updated DivX or XviD codecs. Both will better the DivX 3.11a codec (in most areas).

Regards.

Comment

Working...