Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hemzki
    • Feb 2002

my avi as no sound

i downloaded a movie -the doors- it is 2 cd evry one is about 700mb but my comuter say that the sound format is unknown. as i understand it is in 48000hz and not in 44100hz. but i cant change it. one more thing i dicovered is- the sound format may be "dvm". please help me.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the files are not really .AVIs (sometimes folks fool around) but rather some variant of MPEG (MPEG1, MPEG1-VideoCD, MPEG2, MPEG2-SuperVideoCD, or VOB[DVD]), try loading it under TMPGEnc's "Demultiplex" toll. This can be accomplished as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>DeMultiplex (NOT "Simple DeMultiplex")

If the file is accepted, you should see information about the video and audio streams.

If the files ARE in .AVI format, load one into VirtualDub and select "File Information" from under the "File" dropdown menu.

Post that information here and perhaps more meaningful assistance will be possible...
    Last edited by setarip; 11 Feb 2002, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• hemzki
      • Feb 2002

tmpge wont work.

my file information is:
      video- 640*272 23,976 dvix- mpeg4

audio- 48000 5 stereo compretion-unknown

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

The audio is in .AC3 format. You can successfully play it using a software DVD player (such as WinDVD v.3.xx) or by installing and registering with Winodws the "iviaudio.ax" and "ivivideo.ax" filters. Doing so will allow you to play this file in Windows Media Player.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• hemzki
          • Feb 2002

thank. it work...but can

but can u tell me how to convert it to a normal audio?
          i can only play it i cant convert it to mpg file with mpge.
          anyway thank a lot i 'm very hepy the movie works now.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"anyway thank a lot i 'm very hepy the movie works now."

My pleasure ;>}

"but can u tell me how to convert it to a normal audio?"

First you have to extract the .AC3 audio stream from the video, as follows:

Load the .AVI file into VDUB1.4C-AC3, setting "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and selecting (under "File") "Save .WAV/.AC3" - and saving as .AC3 (IMPERATIVE to save as .AC3! - .WAV does NOT save properly).

Then use PX3Converter, or another .AC3 to .WAV conversion program, to convert the .AC3 file toa .WAV file.

Comment

• hemzki
              • Feb 2002

it still wont work

when i save as ac3 in v.dub it saves it but a canot use the ac3 file. when i try to open it opens a window that want me to choose what softwere i want to use yo open the ac3 file. i try to use px3 but i don know how to use it. i put the ac3 file i dont know what wav file i seposse to put in. i thoght that in the and i'll get a wav file........nothing realy works

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

When using the procedure with VDub 1.4c-AC3 (or v.1.4.8AC3), it apparently sometimes creates an improper header. Therefore,
                you may have to use a hex editor to cut off WAV header (000-02D). the file SHOULD be named with an AC3 extension and will play properly (I just tested this again while posting this message).

Comment

• hemzki
                  • Feb 2002

i didnt understand the last part

first of all i want to thank u for not giving up on me
                  2nd. i did not understand how to do what u said?
                  i dont know how to use the hex. i try to do mome......maybe it just wont work............

Comment

• hemzki
                    • Feb 2002

need more help

i help me a lot once and it still didnt work so i gave up, but i came back.
                    anyway i cant change my avi to mpg becouse my sound is not accepted not by v.dub not by tmpge and much more softweres.
                    but i works in media player - so maybe there is hope. my media say that it as unknown sound but is use Morgan Stream Switcher codec. what is there to do?

Comment

Working...