Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angie
    • Jan 2002

Xmpeg 4.2a crash

I'm having some problems on the movies George of the Jungle and Grosse Pointe Blank as ripped with SmartRipper. Xmpeg won't open the .ifo file, just spins the disk a bit and doesn't do anything. Then I tried opening the first .vob file, to find I had the whole movie playing from there. I started encoding.

A few times I came back to find a 16MB output video file and a large divx.log file (doing 2-pass) and Xmpeg not running. I watched it encoding and found that Xmpeg was crashing, making Windows 2000 shut it down.

Has anyone had this? Does it have something to do with me opening the .vob file? If so, why can't I open the .ifo file?
  • Angie
    • Jan 2002

Happened again...

This time on Braveheart, that I did with the normal method of loading the .ifo file into Xmpeg. I got an unplayable 16MB .avi file and a divx.log file that stops in the middle of processing frame 150176.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Try a different conversion software - such as good ol' reliable Flask v.0.594PX3 (or later versions). that way you'll be able to tell if your problem is with XMPEG or SmartRipper.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Angie
        • Jan 2002

Success!

Originally posted by setarip
        Try a different conversion software - such as good ol' reliable Flask v.0.594PX3 (or later versions). that way you'll be able to tell if your problem is with XMPEG or SmartRipper.

Let us know of your success ;>}
        I was able to do Braveheart in Flask, but the others still crashed it. I downloaded another ripper, cladMdec, and ripped with that, and now Xmpeg works perfectly.

Another advantage, cladMdec is simpler and I get the whole video with only the audio channel I want in one VOB file with just a couple obvious settings changes.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Congratulations on your success! Gratifiying, isn't it, when you resolve a dilemma? ;>}

Comment

Working...