Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinger208b
    • Jan 2004

TMPGENC error

I have received the error INDEX OF SCAN LINE IS OUT OF RANGE (256) when using TMPEGENC 2.59

I am trying to convert XVID to VCD and havent changed any default settings.

Any ideas???????????
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Does the Xvid contain an Ac3 audio track? In order to check, open the file in VirtualDubMod. Go to "File" > "File Information" and post the information listed in both the audio and video sections of the dialog box, or post a screen capture. As an alternative, you can use a program called GSpot.

Comment

• uriah
      • Feb 2006

i also am getting the same error in TMPGEnc Plus.

"index of scan line is out of range"

i have tried following the instructions that ormonde gave here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=35915

i have also tried using two programs "Video Fixer" and "DivFix" but there are still bad frames in the video i have.

can anyone help with this error?

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

uriad, please stop posting the same post in multiple threads. You have already posted the same reply in 3 threads.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by uriah
          i also am getting the same error in TMPGEnc Plus.

"index of scan line is out of range"

i have tried following the instructions that ormonde gave here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=35915

i have also tried using two programs "Video Fixer" and "DivFix" but there are still bad frames in the video i have.

can anyone help with this error?
          do you have the directshow file reader raised as described here:?

Open TMPgenc Plus, the wizard will open. Close it. The first thing you need to do:

Go to the TMPGEnc's Option menu and select Environmental settings. From there, select the
          VFAPI Plug-in tab.

There you see a list of various reader plugins installed for the TMPGEnc. The one that's called DirectShow Multimedia File Reader is the one that we're looking at. As a default, its priority is -1. Select the item and right click on it. Choose Higher priority and repeat this until the "Priority" for this item is higher than any other plugin's priority in the list (usually 2). LEAVE this set always. I have found 50% of files won’t even open or produce write stream errros unless this is set.

i've had this error a few times and was due to too much memory being used. i just restarted and it worked fine.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...