Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FREAKofNHS
    • Feb 2002

VirtualDub Error, PLEASE HELP

Ok my problem is that i just ripped a dvd. The program i used to rip the movie was vcd galaxy. It does a really good job. My problem is that it is to big to burn onto a cd. It is about a gig. So i opened virtualdub and followed the directions for cutting avi from divx-digest. i did it step-by-step just like how it said. I clicked file save avi and then i tried to save it, but it brought up this error:

VirtualDub Error
    The source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not compatible with avi files. Direct stream copy cannot be used with this video stream.

OK

i don't know what to do. i gotta get these movies cut in to, two parts and get them burned off my hardrive on to 650-700 mb disk. Someone please help me. If you can help, email me at URBANFREAK@aol.com

Thanx, JR
  • Ndb
    • Mar 2002

Are you trying to make a Video CD (i.e. VCD Galaxy) if so go here and get TMPGenc and VCD Easy from the download section: http://clonead.cjb.net/ They also have great easy to follow guides for both VCD and DivX.

I don't actually know VCD Galaxy, but it sounds like a Video CD program (i.e. Mpeg 1)

But if you are doing DivX movies then use the stuff on the above site, there much better.

Comment

Working...