Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DivZ
    • Jan 2002

DivX playback thru TV Out.... help please

i have been trying to get my divx movies to playback through my TV with a bit of difficulty.

i can get it to work through my desktop pc which is a P3 600, but am trying to get it to work through my laptop which has a shitty
    AMD K6-2 processor. the movies playback on the laptop screen no problems, so i thought i would try to use it as my movie player for tv.

i can get the TV out to work through my laptop, but the video never shows up on the tv screen for some reason.

what i mean is..... TV out works and has Windows desktop showing etc, and i load either media player 6.4 or the playa. they show up on the TV no problems, but there is no video playing in the window when i load the movie??? now i know the movies are fine because ive been encoding for a while, and they play perfect on my pc.

if i try to use dual monitors, there is video playing on the laptop but on the TV there is just windows media player with a black screen.

i guess i have some settings wrong or something.

im probably not in the right place, and i cannot register with vcdhelp for the past week for some reason, so i cant ask there.

any suggestions.

thanks
    a little bit is better than nada.
    sometimes you want the whole enchilada.
  • mp3comanche
    • Mar 2002

I am just guessing now and passing on some information I found elsewhere some time ago. So I might be not 100 per cent exact - corrections are welcome.

By default, *.avi movies seem to be protected from being played on TV, at least fullscreen - this is called "Macrovision" protection. It sucks. This is a matter of graphic card/Windows OS. So I would suggest that you buy (or d/l from certain places if you just want to test it before purchase...you know what i mean ) TV Tool (www.tvtool.de) which opens its own channel and allows avis to be played fullscreen.

Well, this may/may not be your case. I suggest you try to play an ordinary *.mpg clip on TV in Dual mode. If this works well, do what I've just told you - get the TV tool (but do not use dual feature in it, it doesn't work very well). I had a similar problem. TV Tool helped a lot.

mp3comanche

Comment

• TonyP
      • Mar 2002

My laptop does the same. You have to set the TV to be the "Primary" monitor, then you get the video on the TV but not the laptop. You cant have both at the same time.

On my Dell with a Rage Mobility I can change the settings in
      Settings/Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Displays.

My TV is a 16:9 and it stretches the entire laptop display to fit the 16:9 screen. To get the right aspect ratio, I use the Radlight player to stretch the movie to 4:3, so that it fills the laptop display, and the TV stretches it back out again to more or less the correct ratio.

Comment

• Ndb
        • Mar 2002

You should have an <b>F</b> key that will switch the primary output between TV-Out/Notebook same as for external monitor.

You normally hold the <b>Fn</b> down and press the F key with the monitor picture, well it works for me

Comment

Working...