Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nalle
    • Mar 2002

Compression not available

I have the DivX 5.0 codec installed and also the radium MP3 codec. When using both FlaskMPEG and DVD2AVI, there is no videocompression available. What could possibly be wrong? I am using Win XP. I Suspected the new DivX 5.0, but I got the same result with older versions.
    Thanx!
  • Ngezi
    • Mar 2002

First thing I'd do is uninstall divx5. the software is just new and it's always good to wait for the first updates.
    go back to 3.11 alpha and try again.
    I've had no problems with either XP or the radium software.
    Maybe some exotic videocard or drivers ??

Comment

• Nalle
      • Mar 2002

No, I have no "exotic" video card, -It's an ordinary Nvidia. After some try outs I've got it working with FlaskMPEG now. But only if I choose "OpenDML AVI" for output (I have no idea what that means...) It works with both DivX 4.12 and 5.0 but FlaskMPEG delivers a file with video/audio out of sync. DVD2AVI is still not working even if I deinstall/install DivX no matter of version.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Flask does not correct for an inherent MP3 sampling error (alluded to by the author of VirtualDub, which DOES compensate properly for this). Therefore, if you're using Flask, set the audio to Uncompressed PCM (WAV) at 48,000. When your conversion is finished, simply load the .AVI into VirtualDub and (after setting "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode") convert the audio to MP3 and save with a new filename.

Comment

• Nalle
          • Mar 2002

Thanks, it really worked out. I am just wondering; Is it possible to do a DivX two-pass encoding this way, -first pass in Flask and the second pass in VirtualDub?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

It's best to use te same program for the encoding. Why do you want to do something that weird anyway? The MP3 codec problem?

Comment

• Nalle
              • Mar 2002

Yes, because of the MP3 problem. I have to process the file twice anyway; first pass in Flask second in VirtualDub.

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

I suggest processing the video and audio separately. Get your video done as you usually would.

For the audio, you can use Flask0.6's easy-to-use, but not so good, Extract audio to wav feature. Alternatives are ac3dec (command prompt), Graphedit (I use it) and a few others.

Interleave the audio with the video using Virtualdub. Any audio desynch can be easily solved by using the interleave -> audio delay option, provided you haven't changed the frame rates.

Comment

Working...