Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ocean Black
    • Feb 2002

No Audio On Flask Player!?!

I'm trying to use Flask to convert a DVD I ripped into AVI. And after I rip it and in the player, it's totally silent! Can anyone help?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Have you set Flask to Decode Audio in the Global Project Options? And have you selected an audio compressor to be used?

Comment

• Undread
      • Mar 2002

I'm having the SAME exact problem...the video encode looks great but no audio. I'm gonna try again tonight with a different audio codec. Btw, I did set flask to decode audio in the global project options and for the audio codec i used
      Format : MP3
      Attributes: 48000Khz 128kbps CBR, Stereo 15kb/sec

and i'm using divx 5.0 for the video encode...not that it should matter. Thx for any help you can give me.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Have you tried playing the .AVI under Windows Media Player, or some other independent player?

Although I've totally ignored all Flask versions after v.0.594(PX3), I can tell you that 0.594's player didn't have sound-generating capability.

Comment

• Undread
          • Mar 2002

Yeah...I did. I just tried extracting the audio from the dvd into wav format then using virtual dub to make a new avi by compressing the wav into an mp3 but it gives me an error that says: Audio Compression Manager (ACM) failure on compress. I have no clue what i'm doing wrong. I think i have some problems with my MP3 codecs...i've tried installing a few different ones but it doesnt seem to be fixing it. If anyone has had this error message before...or has had my previos problem please let me know.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Audio Compression Manager (ACM) failure on compress."

That's VirtualDub's way of telling you that it can't handle the format of the audio stream that you've input (Such as .AC3, or .AC3 with a WAV header)...

By the way, I was asking if you had tried playing the .AVI that you created with Flask. Based on your answer, I don't understand whether you did.

Comment

Working...