X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexGT
    • Mar 2005

Backed up movie starts several times...

Hi to all

I have been trying to backup one of my kids dvd (The fo x and the h ound) but have been having troubles once I finish the backup

The movie starts over like 2 times one at 6 mins into the movie and the other about 20 minutes into the movie, then it continues to finish normally, I have tried with 2 Dvd rippers I have, Imtoo and #1 dvd ripper, and get the same results.

Any toughts as to what is going on with the software/ computer?

Thanks in advance for your help and hope I made my first post in the right forum.

Sincerely
    AlexGT
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Hello and welcome to the forums. Try "Ripping" the DVD(s) again using "DVD Decrypter" (freeware) in "File Mode". Then, if you need to "Compress" the project, use "DVD Shrink" (also freeware).

Comment

• AlexGT
      • Mar 2005

I tried dvd decripter but...

Thanks for your reply, I have tried that decrypter software already, but maybe it doesn't like Win ME since it gets a really bad BSOD that says system halted or something like that and have to manually reset it. I left it alone since.

What seems odd is that with both rippers I get the same result, starts 2 times before continuing to the end, the disk does not have many scratches and I thorougly cleaned it before ripping. Tried different angles and same thing.

I am starting to think it may be something with the computer, dvd or windows itself. Any ideas?

Thanks!

AlexGT

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

As an experiment, rip one of the disks with "DVD Shrink". Also, you could try an "Older" (but stable nonetheless) program called "SmartRipper".

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"the disk does not have many scratches"

ONE scratch is too many...

Comment

Working...