Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhbaker1
    • Mar 2003

Need Help!!!

I'm new to trying to make dvd's and i have over 200 avi's on cd\r's and i need to put them on dvd's to play on my dvd player on my tv. I have tryed to use Nero and Unlead dvd Movie Factory and a program to convert them over to dvd format but in the sound folder, there's nothing at all but in the video folder there is but when i tryed to put them on a dvd i have this problem that states the file size is to big and out of memory but i have 384 mb's of memory on this pc so would anyone help me try and make this first dvd from this avi file, PLEASE.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

try using tmpgenc, or avi2dvd.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jhbaker1
      • Mar 2003

I just tryed using avi2dvd and it took 2 hours and 32 minutes to get it done, almost and at 100%, it gave me an errot and that avi2dvd will be shut down and i tryed it again and still the same old thing and i had my virus scanner and everything else that might make the program unstable shut down so that program will not work on here but i will try the other one as soon as i can find it. Thanks.

Comment

• geno888
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Sorry if my comment will seems dumb, but do you want to convert 200 avi in dvd? This is very time consuming, and convert an already compressed movie will give you bad results. Each conversion will add more artifacts.

After the conversion you must also to burn all these and it means 200 DVD discs (providing that you don't obtain some coasters).

Can you consider to buy a divx capable standalone player? This is certainly less time consuming and maybe also less money consuming.

Comment

• jhbaker1
          • Mar 2003

Thanks for the info. Yes i have over 200 of them and right now i'm trying TMPGNC and it says there's over 7 hours left and i know it take a long time, but would you please tell me where i can get a divx standalone player? If i can find one it sure would be a big help cause my eyes are going bad and i just can't set back on the chair and watch them from my computer, that's for sure. Please reply back with an answer to this about the player cause so far i haven't even heard of one or even seen one yet that i can think of and i bought 100 dvd's the other day when i started this recording but haven't had any luck at all. Once again Thanks for your reply

Comment

• geno888
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

Sorry, I live in Italy and can't give you suggestions on american stores.

Surely here in the forum there are users that can help in this. Try to send a PM to Chewy to point his attention to this thread.

Sorry

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

Here is one at Wal-Mart for $59.96 - http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2598455

Here is one at BestBuy for $56.99 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1130985150605
              Last edited by jmet; 8 Feb 2006, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Zero G
                Next to Arch Stanton
                • Jan 2006

I have two of those Philips players and they work great for video like that.
                "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

What part of TN jhbaker1? I used to live there.

Comment

Working...