X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trancemaster
    Snoogins
    • Dec 2001

AVI Chop on Windows XP!

I have discovered that AVI Chop crashes after the first segment on Windows XP. It does work however by running it in Win98/Me compatibility mode. Has anyone else encoutered this problem?
    Snooch to the Nooch!
  • Tom9
    • Nov 2001

yes, and i did the same, (run it in diff compatibility mode) and it seems to be stable.. however it doesnt always split a file EXACTLY where it should ... grrrr.... I found that when it does mess up like this, its best to delete the messed up output files before trying again... the program is weird sometimes
    "Death is short, Honor is eternal"

- dont know

Comment

• Jacksindecision
      • Nov 2001

VirtualDub can be used to cut avi files, and, unlike avichop, you can scroll to the exact point in the video (down to the very frame) where you want to make the cut. No more guessing, like with avichop, and it works in windows XP just fine.

Comment

• Trancemaster
        Snoogins
        • Dec 2001

Yes but which version, as the one I have has that function removed. I have version 1.3c
        Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• † Paladin †
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Trancemaster
          Yes but which version, as the one I have has that function removed. I have version 1.3c
          VirtualDub 1.4.7 is available on here and it works just fine for me on Win XP as well. Great app for splitting one file into several especially if you want to make diffirent chapters on a VCD for playback on a DVD player.

Comment

• Jacksindecision
            • Nov 2001

VirtualDub 1.4.7 is the version I use also, and it was the version I was refering to. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

Comment

• Trancemaster
              Snoogins
              • Dec 2001

Nice 1 Mr's, I'll give it a try, although the last DivX I did (What Lies Beneath) is 741MB, just too big to fit on a CD! ASS!
              Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Trancemaster
                Snoogins
                • Dec 2001

I've just realised that in my last post you may think I was refferring to you's as missus, I meant to say misters. Sorry for the confusion!
                Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

Working...