X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike18xx
    Toonaholic
    • Apr 2006

Adding audio tracks?

I have a DVD whose film and several additional extras are all mashed together into one big chapter. AutoGK, for some odd reason, knows that the main audio and the commentary track are both 1:16 long, but thinks the video is 1:55 long. Of course I find this out after waiting half the day for my sluggish machine to grind it out, leaving me with a movie with a silent third end.

...which has me interested in *slightly* more powerful A/V editing utilities. I've already discovered that Magic DVD Ripper will pull out the 1:16 length video appropriately, but will only include one of the audio tracks (I can choose any track, but not more than one -- which is what I want to do).

I presently have:

1. Ripped MPEG2 video + one channel (courtesy of Magic)
    2. Both audio channels in both AC3 and MP3 format (leftovers in AutoGK's agk_tmp folder)

What out there will merge the video and both channels easily? (I'm presuming I'll just then run AutoGK on the finished MPEG2 product to compress it to xvid.)
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Use PGCdemux for ripping streams from DVD and muxman+ Vobblanker to reauthor them back into the source.

Comment

• mike18xx
      Toonaholic
      • Apr 2006

Next question: What's your fav utility for painlessly editing xvid avis? Simple stuff like clipping? (I have a compilation of TV episodes that I'd like to hack the end credits off because the station ran commercials over them.)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

my choice is virtualdub, great free tool - don't even require installation!
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...