Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajdesigner
    • Aug 2007

Subtitles and DivX

thanx a lot its is very good and very easy to use but can u tell me how to save the movie with the subtitles so that it can be played on dvd pls help thanks a lot u can send me mail on personal id ajdesigner429@yahoo.co.in thanx alot once angain
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

play divx on stand-alone with selectable subs?

Originally Posted by ajdesigner
    thanx a lot its is very good and very easy to use but can u tell me how to save the movie with the subtitles so that it can be played on dvd pls help thanks a lot u can send me mail on personal id ajdesigner429@yahoo.co.in thanx alot once angain
    I'm not positive what you are asking but if you mean play the divx file on a stand-alone dvd player with selectable subs then you can take whatever approach works with your particular stand-alone player.

1) burn a dvd with movie.avi and movie.srt files and let your player display the .srt subs

2) use a program to create a .divx file with selectable subs.

Two freewares I use are AviSub and Sub2DivX.

One thing about hard subs.. sometimes it's the only way to get all the subs to show up without reducing the font size so they're difficult to read.

That's another reason why it's good to have some erasable dvd blanks.
    Sometimes trial and error is the only way to find out what will look best on your player with a particular video file.

Comment

Working...