dynamic range compression & normalization with gknot 0.26?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thanhvn
    • Jun 2002

dynamic range compression & normalization with gknot 0.26?

Does anyone know how to perform dynamic range compression, normalization, and dolby digital downmix with gknot 0.26 (like similar features in xmpeg)?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Downmixing and normalization is done by default, to do dynamic range compression you have to add "-c normal" or "-c light" or "-c heavy", to the azid options (without the " of course).
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• thanhvn
      • Jun 2002

The options for Azid (-c normal|light|heavy) are grayed out and cannot be changed. (By the way, I use VBR 128 kbps MP3 to encode my audio stream). The default option "-c normal" still produces too low audio level. Is there anyway around this problem? Is it recommended to reset DVD2AVI dynamic range compression default option from normal to heavy?

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by thanhvn
        The options for Azid (-c normal|light|heavy) are grayed out and cannot be changed.
        OK it turns out that GKnot does do dynamic range compression by default.

The options you see as greyed out are the defaults used, to access these you must mark 'MP3, Custon parameters (experts)'.

(By the way, I use VBR 128 kbps MP3 to encode my audio stream). The default option "-c normal" still produces too low audio level. Is there anyway around this problem?
        using -c heavy instead ?

Is it recommended to reset DVD2AVI dynamic range compression default option from normal to heavy?
        Unless you use DVD2AVI to decode the ac3 instead of just demuxing, I don't think this has any effect. And of course I don't recommed using DVD2AVI for decoding the ac3 streams.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...