prg to make multiple selections of a dat,mpg and divx4 file in one go.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mymandarin123
    • Jun 2002

prg to make multiple selections of a dat,mpg and divx4 file in one go.

i do lot of video cutting and chopping but i couldn't find any free/commercial software which allows me to set multiple selections(mark-in and mark-out) and then cut them in one go.
    i have tried virtualdub,vcdcutter,ifilmedit,tmpgenc(lots of options but not what i want).they all let me select only one mark-in and mark-out at one time(in case i am wrong correct me).i mork with **dat,mpg and divx avi** files,so if you know of a good prg which works with these formats and lets me have multiple selections in one go,please help me.
    same goes for merging,multiples files(mpg or avi) merged in a single go.
    ifilmedit give large o/p file size,tmpgenc gives buffer errors when i tried to merge.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

VirtualDub will certainly allow you to progressively cut multiple sections out of one .AVI file (DivX-compressed or otherwise) in one session:

Set Selection Start, Set Selection End, Delete Frames

Repeat as many times as you like...

Comment

• mymandarin123
      • Jun 2002

thanks for the help.
      i am such a fool,i didn't notice an option in the prg i use most of the time.
      by the way here are some of my other doubts

1.i compress dat or mpeg files int divx using virtualdub but when there is any corrupted frame in the source vitual dub exits while parsing and doesn't open the file.
      ( so then i have to split the source near the corrupted frames and then compress the split files and merge them together.frustrating!!)
      is there any better alternative to this? like can i make vitual dub parse mpeg files even if there are some corrupted frames..or something else.

2.can i merge multiple avi or mpeg files together in a *single session* using virtualdub or any other software.
      please help me and thanx again for the reply .

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"can i merge multiple avi or mpeg files together in a *single session* using virtualdub or any other software.
        please help me and thanx again for the reply ."

1) You can merge multiple .AVIs (DivX-compressed or otherwise) in VirtualDub, as long as all video and audio formatting is IDENTICAL

2) You can merge multiple MPEGs in TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEG Tools>>Merge&Cut (Use the "Add" radio button to select each file you want to join - in the order you wish to join them)

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...