X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

What is the pupose of HybridFuPP I tried a search to find some settings for it but the threads on this are a mile long and a bit over my head
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BR7; 17 May 2006, 06:56 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
      What is the pupose of HybridFuPP I tried a search to find some settings for it but the threads on this are a mile long and a bit over my head
      Thanks
      This Avisynth script enables both resizing and filtering. Distinct filters can be applied on the different parts of a same picture (edges, static areas, motion, dark and bright areas) : HybridFuPP is a kind of adaptive processor, allowing picture cleaning and compressibility gain.

Main idea consists in filtering strongly the less visible parts of the picture, and very softly the more visible ones. HybridFuPP uses masks to detect areas to process.

Standard processings proposed are : resizing (5 possibilities), static areas denoising, motion denoising, dark and bright areas denoising, chroma denoising (U and V channels), edges sharpening or softening (distinct horizontal and vertical settings), edges brightness control, deringing (removing artefacts around edges) and deblocking (removing blocks effects generated by mpeg compression).

Though HybridFuPP has been designed first to process rather clean materials, filtering package used is flexible and powerful enough to use it with noisy material too (depending on noise type) : increasing default settings could be though required.

HybridFuPP is provided with some presets, allowing beginners to use the script easily and other people to use these presets as basis for their explorations. Moreover, HybridFuPP allows users to define their own processing chains. Lot of things become then possible !

See here for the examples

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

This is nice Thanks Tech

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Ginji
          • Dec 2005

I've been using Undot and Deen every once in a while with Episode discs and other interlaced discs that I think would benefit from them. But I've just read a few posts where users are saying that you shouldn't use Undot or Deen with interlaced sources? However, the discs I've done that are interlaced look great and I can't see any problems with them. Anyone know anything on this subject, because if there is something wrong with using these filters with interlaced sources I don't want to continue to do it.

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

depends whether the filter is spatial or temporal, if temporal, its fine to process as is. if spatial you must separate fields first, then filter, then weave. undot is spatial and i think deen is both temporal and spatial-- needless to say both are fine with progressive sources

if not handled correctly you may notice some nasty artefacts
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Ginji
              • Dec 2005

Ok.. thanks for the info. Still a little confused because I've used undot & deen (together and seperate..but mostly together) on interlaced sources ranging from interlaced black and white episodes to anime & other interlaced titles and haven't noticed any problems. I've also looked back over some previous projects, and they all look fine. And from the way you described the artifacts, I shouldn't have any problem spotting the side effects. I'm just glad I happened to read the post that informed me of this issue.

Comment

• jdobbs
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Sep 2004

You'll sometimes have a hard time finding the points at which failure to separate fields will actually show anything in playback. Usually it's when there is rapid movement of the camera or objects (so there is a large change in the picture in a 50th/60th of a second (PAL/NTSC). Sometimes the filters will even smooth the differences between fields when you don't separate them.

Comment

• techreactor
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2005

Both Anony and JDobbs are absolutely right in their posts, I agree.

Comment

• bradleyjoe
                    • Jun 2006

when using the avs filters, each filter that i need to use, do they need to be put in the filter editor the same way as Undot & fluxsmooth
                    example: LoadPlugin("crogramfiles\avsfilter\SmoothHiQ.dll")
                    SmoothHiQ()

Comment

• anonymez
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

put them in the avisynth plugin directory, ...\avisynth 2.5\plugins\ and no loadplugin() is needed
                      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• TBL
                        • Dec 2005

Hello,

to this date I've successfully used UnDot and FluxSmooth filters to all of my backups. However, now I'm doing one that requires something else. I've tried LRemoveDust and HybridFuPP but have no idea which settings work best.

The video has pretty heavy noise and is interlaced (?). To further complicate things, it has to be encoded from 7.2GB (I use HC 0.18) to 4.3GB, though it has a good bitrate to begin with.

I've uploaded a 29MB sample to http://rapidshare.de/files/27021532/test.rar.html

I'd love to hear some suggestions

Comment

• BR7
                          • Aug 2005

I found a new sharpening tool called Seesaw you may want to check out

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• techreactor
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                            I found a new sharpening tool called Seesaw you may want to check out
                            I dont use it but its not that new also BR7, but thanks for the info.

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

It's new to me And I put it up so others that don't know about it can benefit from it.It would be nice to see others posting stuff like this more often because not everyone can stay up to date

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• youthinksoo
                                • Oct 2005

woah settle down there gentlemen. Thank you so much for the info that tool is sooo amazing!!!!

Comment

Working...