X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

DVD-RB free changing DVD structure ???

I usually blank out the end credits in the Main title by blanking out that complete cell along with the extras, before putting it thru DVD-RB.

But I found this makes the DVD play until the end and then freeze,(even the time counter on the SAP freezes).

Just to cross check I ran the same blanked source thru DVD shrink but it ran fine and came back to the Title menu after the movie ended.

Which means DVD-RB is changing something in the commands/ titles causing the freeze after the end of the movie.

Any ideas/suggestions ????

Can someone check and replicate the same issue.(you need to use auto-blank and also blank the second last cell in the main title)
  • l8nights
    DD folding team
    • Jun 2005

if your using the pro version you can blank out the segment inside of rebuilder using the segment viewer editor feature!
    or use vobblanker!

the pause is from your player trying to follow the ifo's to the next cell!
    sounds as if your pre processing method is not updating the ifo's!

if you run the editted (pre-encoded) version through fixvts or pgcedit this should fix the issue!

of course shrink is still very adept @ making compliancy issue's go away!
    Last edited by l8nights; 5 Feb 2006, 04:28 AM.
    The future doesn't just happen its created through our actions or inactions~ today!

Comment

• jdobbs
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Sep 2004

DVD-RB doesn't change anything in the command table or the title execution... it's much more likely the problem is in the removal. I'd recommend you use DVD-RB to blank out the credits.

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by jdobbs
        DVD-RB doesn't change anything in the command table or the title execution... it's much more likely the problem is in the removal. I'd recommend you use DVD-RB to blank out the credits.
        I'll take your word for it, but still cannot understand why the problem doesnt crop up with Shrink and why it shows with DVD-RB ??? (I aaam using the same source)

Comment

Working...