X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

yeah, i'd be frustrated at this point too

a dvd has to be made according to standard. 400x336 will not do. set it up as i have here.

you may have to play with the "aspect" setting if it comes out looking wrong, it doesn't always judge right
    Attached Files
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jervid
      • Feb 2007

ok... were getting better..but here's the new error...lol

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

yes that's ridiculous. in my screenshot you'll see i selected "9600"
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jervid
          • Feb 2007

correct.. as you'll see here's my settings...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

have no idea why that is to be honest, i just did a test and it shows the same. i suppose you could ignore it and see if your player will play it. i haven't done an mpeg-2 conversion with this new version and don't recall this ever with the previous. anyway....this is why SUPER is crappy IMO and my last choice and mainly used for crap like .rm and .mov and .flv etc...better yet though do this:

set it up as i have in this new screenshot. load the file FIRST, then adjust the settings as i have here, but select a higher bitrate like "9792" for example (the higher the better as you want to preserve quality). just make sure it's no more than 4 digits. it will output a ".VOB" file. when it's done right click this file and rename with a ".mpg" extension, say yes to the little warning. load this .mpg now in TMPGEnc dvd author and tell me how it works
            Attached Files
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• jervid
              • Feb 2007

ok.. i tried what you said and reneamed the file..but i diddn't get an error..and when i did check the file it still showed as a .vob.. so i tried it in author with the other files that were ok.. and it came up with new errors with file size and bitrate errors..so i just tried it with this file and it had no problem...so in the end..i just copied this file to the dvd and i'll do the others seperate..it's not the end of the world..at this point i'm just happy i was able to get it to transfer...
              i want to thank you very much for all your help.... i would not have been able to get this done without your suggestions... thanks again

Jerry

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

i tried it in author with the other files that were ok.. and it came up with new errors with file size and bitrate errors..so i just tried it with this file and it had no problem...so in the end..i just copied this file to the dvd and i'll do the others seperate..
                sounds like you were trying to add this file to the same track with others, add as seperate. also remember this is a PAL file and cannot be combined with NTSC clips on the same disc.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...