Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wazup
    • Mar 2008

Newbie - Using Filters.

Hi all, I'm new here and a newbie with TmpGenC 4.x.

I am really liking this product and at this point I have a quick question - I'm sure I'll have more as I use this more.

I have a video that I have edited (Cut/Edit). I have the clips and all is good.

Now, I need to apply a Noise filter to two selected clips and only those two. I can't seem to figure out how to do so, unless I load the original video twice and edit it twice to get my clips then apply a filter.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks all.
  • DrinkOrDie
    It Was The Dog, I Swear!
    • Nov 2003

First, you said:
    I have a video that I have edited (Cut/Edit). I have the clips and all is good.
    Then you said:
    Now, I need to apply a Noise filter to two selected clips and only those two
    Well which is it? do you have "A" video or do you have two?

I have much experience using TmpGenC and I think I may be able to provide some help but I'm confused as to what you are trying to do.

Are you really sure you need to apply a noise filter? In my experience, filters should only be applied if they are your last resort. Often they make things worse.

Please explain more, what you are doing? Can't hurt. Maybe I can help, maybe not.
    Last edited by DrinkOrDie; 30 Mar 2008, 06:57 PM.
    My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• wazup
      • Mar 2008

My bad DrinkOrDie. What I meant to say is:

I've cut scenes from a video clip and want to apply a filter to the selected cuts.

If I go to Filter Edit, I have to apply a filter to both cut sections and I don't need/want to. I only want to apply a filter to one of the sections that I've cut.

For example: The movie clip is 1.5 hours long, it's an older Cult Video so in some areas the video is rather noisy. So, I've cut prolog and epilog credits etc, and also sections say at 10:20 and 35:45. I want to apply a filter to those last two sections only. Everything is in the cut list so I think I should be able to do this.

The way I'm doing it now is:

1) Cut the credits,
      2) Reload the original video,
      3) Cut the section(s) I want to apply a filter to,
      4) Apply the filters (which actually look good),
      5) Export the all the clipped sections to 1 file then make my movie.

It works, but there has to be an easier way.

Thanks a bunch.
      I hope that helps.

ps: Still new at TmpGenC so forgive my original post for being unclear.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

I assume that you are talking about TMPGEnc Express.

Open your file in TMPGEnc Xpress. Go to Cut Edit. Now, split(red arrow) the video at your desired points( don't cut). Once you have split them you will have separate clips of the video. Now you can select each and add the filters separately.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• wazup
          • Mar 2008

Sorry for the late reply, been out of the country on business.

The solution to SPLIT instead of CUT was exactly what I was looking for.

I thank everyone for their help and hopefully one day I will have enuff experience so as to help others.

Again, my thanks.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...