X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

TMPGEnc Vista update

Looks like TMPGEnc has a new release with Vista compatibility fixes.

I haven't installed yet but you can check it out here:

TMPGEnc

edit: hmmm, it's kind of nebulous if the full version of TMPGEnc has been updated so
    I'm going to hold off until it's clear what is going on.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 4 Sep 2008, 04:15 AM. Reason: additional info
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I suspect the update is only for the free version.
    I'm running TMPGEnc Plus v. 2.524.63.181 on Vista
    and it works so...

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

I can't speak for Vista but, I have been running TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 for many years on ME and XP. I use the same latest version you have and I get the free plus updates from the web site above. Maybe the Vista updates are on this web site.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

That's what's confusing. Anything I could find says it was last updated in 2004. Don't know if the guy just doesn't fix up his pages or there's a page I can't find or what's going on. I don't use it very often now. Mainly for the simple mpeg multiplex demultiplex tool.

edit: The trial version download still says TMPGEnc Plus v. 2.524.63.181 so it must have
        been fixes to the freeware version. Vista probably broke something he couldn't ignore.
        Last edited by MilesAhead; 5 Sep 2008, 04:13 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

TMPGEnc Plus v. 2.524.63.181 is the latest available. I just registered an online account in case he ever updates it again. Just FYI.

Comment

• hgtan
            • Oct 2008

I'm running happily the TMPGEnc Plus v. 2.524.63.181 with framederve from VirtulDud many years on Winddows XP with no problem.

Last year I start to use it on Windows Vista but having following problems:

- May not open some .AVI files.

- If .AVI file is >2G, it can't encode the video but with blank screen after 2G.

- It can not get frameserve from VirtulDud. It says " file not supported", either with .vdr or .avi.

That is why I still need to keep a older and slower PC running WinXP.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by hgtan
              That is why I still need to keep a older and slower PC running WinXP.
              I know what you mean. I use a kvma switch so I can run 2 CPUs in cramped quarters. As long as most stuff I want runs on the new PC it's not that big a deal if I have to run the occasional job on the slow machine. Most stuff eventually runs on the new hardware or some similar software comes along that works as well or better.

Comment

• hgtan
                • Oct 2008

Just to add one more observation: running under Windows, VISTA TMPGEnc Plus v. 2.524.63.181 can't save the output video file to the same folder as the input file(s).

Comment

Working...