SVCD Capture Conversion ???

Windows 2000 with Direct X 9 installed
    Soyo K7V Dragon Plus MB With Athlon XP 1500+ CPU
    512mb Crucial Ram
    ATI 32mb All In Wonder Radeon 4x AGP Video Card
    Audigy Platinum
    TDK 40/12/48x CDRW
    Recording to a 120GB Maxtor ATA 133 Hard Drive with 8mb cache

Goal: to create SVCD's (at least 30 minutes in length if possible)from my concert videotape collection to play on my stand alone JVC DVD Audio/Video player.

Programs: ATI MMC 7.7, Ulead Video Studio 6 SE DVD Nero Burning Rom 5.5
    Downloaded & installed: Virtual Dub,VCDEasy,TMPENC,DVD2SVCD,AVI2mpg2,Boilsoft AVI to SVCD, FlaskMpeg.

Guides from DVD Digest & DVDRHelp.

I can get high quality captures wih my ATI card.When using the mpeg settings for capture the file is saved as .mp2 file which has to be converted with another program. I've been able to use TMPENC to do this but I've had problems with the audio being out of sync.

I haven't had much success with capture quality with Ulead Video Studio > using the MMC program I did successfully burn one SVCD using the standard ATI SVCD settings > audio was great > picture sucked. I read one guide that said to capture at 480x480 usng VBR, 15MB/sec & 100% motion detection. This produced a huge file where I would only be able to fit one song on a cdr. Not sure what I did but when I put in my DVD player > it wouldn't work properly.

What I would like to know is in what format should I doing my video capture, the size (480x480,720x480?)and the bitrate that would give me the best capture & at least 30 minutes
    of playing time on a cdr. Also what programs to use.

Any suggestions/links will be appreciated!

Thank's.
    Understanding Is A Three Edged Sword!
Working...