The WMV to AVI process: Can you help me out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Downhome
    • Dec 2003

The WMV to AVI process: Can you help me out?

Let me first explain my goal. What I want to do is take a WMV file, convert it to an AVI file, so I will be able to then work with the video, to create various animated GIF files.

I have followed the WMV to AVI guide but at the very end of the process I notice that something isn't working right. Since my goal is to create GIFs with the various WMV files that I have, I am not bothering with any audio conversion, I'm converting only the video. I get all the way to the step where I am to use the VFAPI Converter, and I do just as the guide says. When I try to play the new AVI file of the original WMV, I do not get any video at all. I have double clicked on the BAT file to install the VFAPI codec, but I still am not getting any video at all. Since I am not converting audio, I do not get any sound either. It's just an AVI file that will play, but there isn't any audio (which is ok) or video.

Since all of that is the case, I can't open the file in VirtualDub.

Can any of you help me out here to see just what the problem is? Thanks a lot, as it is appriciated.
Working...