Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicnorman
    • Mar 2004

TMPGenc and CCE sp together??

Another newbie signing in with inane question. Strap yourselves in...

Here's the deal: I am trying to encode a 700mb xvid with mp3 audio. I have tried about a billion times to encode to mpeg 2 using CCE sp (version2.67). But it keeps buggin out. It seems to me that it's having problems with the audio.

I have also tried a bout a zillion time to encode to mpeg 2 using TMPGenc (verion 2.5). Encoding the whole film has failed (during the night, so i don't know what has happened) but i have tried encoding smaller parts and it works, except theres no audio.

So now i am saving the audio stream as a wav using virtual dub and am planning to use the separate audio in TMPGenc dvd author.

Now: Since TMPGenc is still bugging out when i try ty encode the full avi i have used CCE sp to make the mpeg 2 video file (it worked fine when i left the audio out). The problem now is that i
    TMPG enc dvd author wont accept the .mpv file because the resolution is wrong.

After that lenghty explanation. Here are my questions:

1.Where and how do i set the output resolution in CCE,
    and what aspect ratio should i use, i dont want to crop or stretch.
    The original .AVI is 16:9 (or masked 4:3, i cant tell) 576*336 pixels

2.The .mpv file i have succesfully made in CCE is encoded using one pass cbr at 6000 MBits/s and weighs in at 3.8 gigs. The resolution is 576*336 (widescreen).
    When i try to encode the same file in TMPGenc it wants to set the bitrate to less than 2000 Mbits and even then tells me the file is going to be too big for a dvd. I dnot like the way the film looks at that low a bitrate. Should i just ingore the damn wizard and do my own thing, CCE has proven that the final mpeg should fit nicely onto a standard dvd.

3. What up with "invalid pointer operation" in TMPGenc when i set in and out points to encode part of a film?? This is the reason i would rather use CCE to make the mpeg. TMPGenc seems buggy. Comments?
Working...