Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flare
    • Feb 2002

DivX AVI to VCD: help needed

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum, but I'd appreciate some help with converting a movie I have in DivX format to MPEG-1 using the TMPGEnc approach described elsewhere on this site.

According to the properties window in Windows Explorer, this movie is 640x272, 25 frames/sec, which I take to mean it's in PAL.

That's where the problems start - the movie doesn't have black bars, so what aspect ratio is it in? Where does this come in to play?

If I click on the advanced settings in TMPGEnc and go to the "Advanced" tab, I see source aspect ratio, but I do not know what to set it at. Is the aspect ratio 640/272 = 2.35:1?

Also on the same tab, what should video arrange method be?

Another problem I have is with the sound: there is none. The original AVI has sound, which the Explorer property window tells me is in MPEG Layer-3, at a bit rate of 132kbps. I take this to mean that it is encoded in VBR, since 132kbps is a non-standard rate.

Can TMPGEnc handle VBR MP3 encoding?

If I go to the Audio tab, everything except for channel mode, emphasis, and the check boxes is disabled. Stream type is set to MPEG-1 Audio Layer II, sampling frequency is 44100Hz, and bitrate is 224lbits/sec (this is different from what windows reported).

When I do a test encode of just a portion of the movie, I get an mpeg that has no sound. Also, it is stretched vertically and clipped at the edges.

Help!

TIA,
    Flare
    Last edited by Flare; 24 Feb 2002, 08:47 AM.
Working...