Amplifying WMV audio without a re-encode.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lotech
    • Sep 2005

Amplifying WMV audio without a re-encode.

Hi, I've got a WMV project I've been working on and after encoding the clips I find the audio is a little low, re-encoding the whole job isn't really the way (6hrs of total footage = 18hrs of rendering) and I was hoping there would be a 3rd party program to amplify the WMV's audio track with any recompression (audio would be dealable). Virtualdub of course has such features but since 1.3 hasn't been legally able to include WMV editing it won't open the WMV9 clips. Blaze Media Pro wants to recompress the both audio/video.
    Any pointers?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

first of all, make sure you have the latest version of 'windows media encoder'. in the start menu, in windows media-->utilities, there should be 'windows media stream editor'

use this to demux (separate) the audio from the video file. then re-encode the audio with a program of your choice, which should also have options to boost the audio (if 'blaze media pro' supports wmv, it should support wma). then simply use the 'windows media stream editor' to mux (join) the audio and video together again. should be done in a very short time
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• lotech
      • Sep 2005

Cheers for that, when I load attempt to load it in windows media stream editor it errors and reports input media format is invalid. It reports this for all the files I've made, they were exported/encoded in FCP on our edit suite using Popwire wmv encoder so I can't blame it but a pain none the less. All the other M$ encoder programs included (profile/file editor) open them fine. Looks like I'll be re-encoding the whole lot from scratch.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

guess so... i don't know of any other programs that can demux wmv. another reason not to use it...

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

Iotech!

After trying quite a few available programs without result, I almost gave up. Finally I succeeded by opening a .wmv file with GoldWave, editing the audio (altering its volume, for example), and saving it with different types of audio formats

Regards

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

glad it all worked out

Comment

Working...