X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldozer
    • Mar 2002

Muxing AC3 stream and .AVI!! How???

Hi all!!

I'm having some troubles getting a good final result after muxing the .AVI and the audio stream (AC3)...One thing is for sure: the problem is somehow related with this final muxing...

So here's the problem: When i read the final video .avi (with no sound yet) i get a perfect image flowness with a very constant and perfect framerate...The problems start after muxing the audio stream (AC3) to the movie: the framerate of the movie is no longer perfect and stable; it starts stunting a bit, causing a bad sensation during those "sliding" or fast scenes. I use Nandub to mux the audio stream with the default values...I already tried the values from the DVD Backup Muxing guide, but i soon realised those values were meant to use with MP3 streams....

Can anyone help me with this....i'm really stucked here

Cheers!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The following settings, originally posted by UncasMS, work extremely well:

AC3 192Kbps - Preload 80ms Interleave 80 ms

AC3 384Kbps - Preload 160ms Interleave 160 ms

AC3 448Kbps - Preload 128ms Interleave 128 ms

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Bulldozer
      • Mar 2002

Eheh!!

Right before you replied i saw those settings somewhere on the web and i found them to work just as u described: extremely well!!

Anyway...thanks a lot for the support =)

Cheers!!!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• MrSnail
          • Jun 2002

What's a good program to use for muxing the audio? Can you just do it in say nandub or something similar?

Also, is it better to do the video and audio together or seperately as described here, or is it just a personal prefrence?

And one last thing - what's best to rip the ac3 audio stream? I use dvd2avi at the moment but have had a few peoblems with it.

Thanks very much
          If at first you don't succeed, give up.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

nandub is the best choice - here is how to:

i handle video and audio separately, but there is hardly any other way than doing audio or video first and finally mux it or have it muxed by whatever tool you use - as long as it isnt such crap as flask.

dvd2avi is perfectly fine.
            i have never experienced any problems with this tool.

Comment

• MrSnail
              • Jun 2002

Thanks very much indeed

That guide looks really good

Hehe - I used to use Flask when I made my first few DVDs - wasn't too bad
              If at first you don't succeed, give up.

Comment

• Vaughn
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Jan 2002

I have tried muxing in a AC3 sound file into my movie with Nandub and after completion going back into Nandub to do a file>file information which states that i have five channel sound but PowerDvd does not reconize the dolby sound. It does with the original DVD though. Any ideas?

Comment

• Bulldozer
                  • Mar 2002

I have tried muxing in a AC3 sound file into my movie with Nandub and after completion going back into Nandub to do a file>file information which states that i have five channel sound but PowerDvd does not reconize the dolby sound
                  I've never read any DivX on PowerDVD, but i gave it a try and i found that you need to have an AC3 codec installed on the system itself, not in the particular DivX player you use (like i do, with RadLight Player). At first i had no sound to, but after i installed the AC3 codec on the system, it worked fine!

Anyway, I have another question too

I noticed in Gordian Knot, that when i disable audio processing (that's how i'm currently handling the video and AC3 audio muxing separately), the check box "Re-calculate Video Bitrate" is unchecked and grayed out! And also, during the encoding process, it is reported something like "Audio processing disabled; no re-calc; probably user will mux audio later" or something similar!

What does this mean exactly?? Do i take the risk of one of these days having my video file size incorrect after encoding to properly mux the audio stream?? I really don't believe so: i always tell GK how large is my audio stream (AC3) and i think GK do handle the bitrate and filesize calculation! Since the credits segment is encoded first, the only movie bitrate recalculation is done based on the size of the credits filesize. Am I right?? At least this is what i get from the GK .log file, and it always worked well

Cheers!!

Comment

Working...