Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gdawg2k2
    • Apr 2003

i am rerally lost

This weekend was the first, when i started ripping dvds. I used Super DVD ripper to rip to moviies: swim fan, and 40days and 40 nights. The output for these files turned out to be 3 avi files more than 600 mb long. I want all of this all on one cd or 2 if it is possible. I don't want to lose any quality either. \

Please help !!!!!!!

• Toast B|M
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

you asked for something that is NOT possible in the real world, all MPEG 4 compression codecs do sacrifice quality but depending on the bitrate its so small that is almost NOT visible to human eye.
    Lot of people use divx, xvid for ripping dvds, you need to have bitrate calculators so that you can specify the best bitrate for the size u want.
    IMHO most movies longer than 1:30 would look terrible on ONE cd, you have to make a two cd set.
    flaskmpeg and tmpgenc are probably the most pop dvd ripping softwares...been using flask for years and I rip dvd right from the disc, without using software like vobrator or dvd ripper, and i get near to perfect results.
    its all about experience
    wish u lucj
    www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: i am rerally lost

Originally posted by gdawg2k2
      I want all of this all on one cd or 2 if it is possible.
      Originally posted by gdawg2k2
      I don't want to lose any quality either.
      These two requests cannot be achieved together. You can only go with one path.

Remember the simple equation: the smaller the filesize, the lower quality is, and vice versa.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Toast B|M
        I rip dvd right from the disc, without using software like vobrator or dvd ripper
        How often do you replace your DVD drive?

Comment

• Toast B|M
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Enchanter
          How often do you replace your DVD drive?
          Okay i am not lying but my Phillips 16X in one pc and Toshiba 16X in other have been flawless for two and one yr respectively, phillips is starting to skip an odd dvd (1 in 100) but toshiba is as good as new!!

i luv it
          www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders

Comment

• gdawg2k2
            • Apr 2003

i am still lost

That still doesn't answer my question. Alright if that isn't possible tell me what is. All i want to do is have the movie 40 days and 40 nights on 2 discs. Is this possible. If so what software should i use and how should i do it. Someone please help this newbie. I am a man on a mission.

PEace!!!
            Gdawg2k2

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

What audio format have you selected?

(Based on the filesize you've noted for 40Days and 40 Nights, I'm guessing that you've created the file with Uncompressed PCM [WAV] format)

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

IMHO most movies longer than 1:30 would look terrible on ONE cd.
                been using flask for years
                using flask - no wonder

i can asure you, that even many 120 minutes titles look VERY good on ONE cd.

Comment

• gdawg2k2
                  • Apr 2003

hey i am still lost

all right let me start over .... can someone give me a software they use to rip dvds. than give me a detailed list of instructions on how to work them thank you. i want all files on one or 2 cds

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

can someone give me a software they use to rip dvds. than give me a detailed list of instructions on how to work them

click on any of the pics in my signature

Comment

Working...