XVID with MPEG-1 Layer 3 VBR 111kb/s Impossible to synchro sound while converting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cooler
    • Feb 2004

XVID with MPEG-1 Layer 3 VBR 111kb/s Impossible to synchro sound while converting

Hello,

I am trying to convert a Xvid into a mpg format to be able to burn it after on a DVD.

This movie play perfectly both Audio and Video in any player able to read AVI files on my computer.

But when the conversion is done the audio is out of synchro. And this on any MPG players

No matter the method I use, the sound is always out of synchro.

I posted two jpg files with the details of the file. One is from GSPOT 221 and the second come from virtualDub.

Could someone tell me what is wrong with this file ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cooler; 2 Feb 2004, 06:38 PM.
  • cooler
    • Feb 2004

and here is the second file

I could'nt load the two files so here is the second one.
    Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

find out if it is a constant delay or increasing desync

Comment

• cooler
        • Feb 2004

Hello UncasMS
        Thanks for the interrest you are giving to this topic,
        Well so far it "seems" that the out of synchro is constant... hard to say because the delay is around 15 - 18 secondes...
        I feel this problem come from the start from the Avi because 15 / 18 secondes is apparently the exact size of the intro song of the movie.
        Anyway here is a link where you will be able to download a file of 5 MB (max authorized by Geocities) this file is the result of one encoding test.
        I will also post a link later in the day for a 5 MB file from the original AVI, maybe you will be able to use some pro "tools" or advanced functions from differents program.
        Here is the link
        Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

regards,

Comment

Working...