Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jemoto
    • Feb 2002

Playback on TV

I have just installed XP on my laptop which runs a ATI 3D rage lt pro card, and when I try to play back movies on my TV via an s-video cable the actual movie does not show. Everything else shows fine, meaning the controls, etc., but not the the actual pictures. On the computer everything works fine, the problem only relates to the TV. I have tried three different players (WMP, Zoomplayer and Twin player) and it is the same problem with each of them. I did not have this problem with W2K. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to solve this?
  • niilo
    • Feb 2002

Playback on TV, no luck

I have not managed to get TV playback to work at all - have tried using a couple of systems, the last one I used is a Dell Latitude portable (Win2k, ATI Rage Mobility 128 AGP 2X) with S-VHS output. When I check the Advanced settings for the display, only the pc screen can be selected - not tv playback.

I'd be really glad to get in contact with people who have pulled it off and do view their DivX movies on the tv screen - I have a couple of friends that know quite a bit about computers but they haven't made it, either..

Thanks
    /Niilo

Comment

• plax
      • Mar 2002

same prob

niilo:
      I have the SAME EXACT problem. I have been in other forums and they say to go to the Display Properties and change the monitor , etc, but in Windows XP there are no such options!

Have you managed to fix this? I really would like to be able to watch my divx movies on my tv.

Thanks.

Comment

• niilo
        • Feb 2002

Re: same prob

No, I sure haven't fixed it. To start with, you need the latest drivers for the video card (twin view) but I've tried all that and I still can't pull it off. As to XP - I haven't tried it at all so can't offer any help there, either.

If you get any clues pls let me know!

/Niilo

Comment

• plax
          • Mar 2002

I found the solution

Hey, to anyway that has this problem, I found the solution. After hours of intense research (heh), I found this incredibly good website.

niilo, there, download the 5772 (this is for XP) which provides multi-monitor support, which lets you "turn off" your laptop while the divx movie still playes on your tv. It works perfectly well; only bugs are that sometimes the mouse pointer disappears, which can be partially fixed by having a 3d mouse pointer.

Hope it works; I know it will.

Comment

Working...