Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morethanimages
    • Nov 2006

Any Luck Yet?

Any luck yet on figuring out your problem? I have the same issue with an ASUS P4S800-DX with a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 2GB of OCZ premier, a P4 2.6c, etc.. Can't get the video up or to come back after shutting down. It worked fine for two days and then no video on startup. Nothing. I tested with two other AGP cards that were working when pulled (old 16mb and 32mb), replaced the mobo twice (got it to work for two hours with one of the new boards and then couldn't get anything after I shut it down). The latest one arrived today with the same results). I tried it with a new PCI card as well with no results (at least you're getting some results at times) and am ready to pull my hair out. The only thing I've not replaced is the CPU so maybe that is the culprit. I thought it might be the memory as well and talked to the OCZ tech support people (1st time and boy were they helpful). I tried it with one stick and then a different one and once without anything. Nothing but the "Monitor is working, check the signal cable" message. I even tried a different monitor as well. The OCZ person mentioned that it could be the voltage setting (I can't get anything so I can't check that - a real catch-22), or the power supply but I just put in a new 500 watt so that doesn't appear to be the problem. Good luck and post a message if you find an answer. I will as well.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

those P4's around the 3ghz range ran hot as hades, probably die young

Comment

• AlienX69
        Interstellar Traveler
        • Feb 2005

@morethanimages

Gotta RMA the new board they sent, they are gonna try to repair or send a NEW ...... would be nice if they would give results of what they find ... like I would like to know if the first orig CPU i RMA's was really bad, cuz the replacement did the same exact thing in the ole mobo .... hence the new/refirb i currently have which after the first start does exactly the same.

.... do you get any post messages ? Turn on the Voice Post Reporting ...... curious to see if your getting the same msg as me !!!!

PS: Welcome !
        Last edited by AlienX69; 15 Nov 2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• AlienX69
          Interstellar Traveler
          • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
          those P4's around the 3ghz range ran hot as hades, probably die young
          So do you think Intel would send me a replacement if the first was GOOD !

Looks like they did, cuz the replacement did the same thing ... so I RMA the mobo .... now the second mobo has similar but not the same as I never got it up and running ..... just wish the tech would call when they get my parts ..... would really like to send the CPU and mobo to ASUS ... but they say NO !!! How dumb, test both .... local company wants $100 just to test might as well buy a NEW AMD combo !!!

AX

Comment

Working...