Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Congrats Furiousgeorgie, way to go.

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Furiousg
      Woot!!! I finished my 100th WU last night!!

Comment

• Pseudonym34
        "There are two types of sacrifices - sound ones and mine." - Tal
        • Nov 2006

A quick question...I have just completed my first project but I am unable to send the results in. It seems as though every time it tries to send the information to the server my dial up service shuts down. Here is the message I get in the log:

[03:42:48] + Attempting to send results
        [03:44:32] Couldn't send HTTP request to server (wininet)
        [03:44:32] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
        [03:44:32] (171.64.65.58:8080)
        [03:44:32] - Error: Could not transmit unit 01 (completed February 9) to work server.

[03:44:32] + Attempting to send results
        [03:44:34] Couldn't send HTTP request to server (wininet)
        [03:44:34] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
        [03:44:34] (171.65.103.100:8080)
        [03:44:34] Could not transmit unit 01 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
        [03:44:34] + Connections closed: You may now disconnect

Could I have some help, please?

"How does Tal win? He developes all his pieces to the center and then sacrifices them somewhere." -Bobby Fischer

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Could it be your firewall? Sometimes also it does take a few tries before the work unit is sent. I would also suggest copying the work folder to another folder every once in a while just in case something goes wrong, that way you do not lose everything. Been there & done that.
          Last edited by soup; 9 Feb 2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Pseudonym34
            • Nov 2006

Thanks again, soup! I don't believe I have a firewall. To be perfectly honest even after reading the website I am still not sure what I am doing. lol. Will the program try again to send the work unit or is there something manual I have to do? In the meantime I will allow my computer to start on work unit 2!

"How does Tal win? He developes all his pieces to the center and then sacrifices them somewhere." -Bobby Fischer

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

How long ago did you get work unit # 2?

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Pseudonym34
                A quick question...I have just completed my first project but I am unable to send the results in. It seems as though every time it tries to send the information to the server my dial up service shuts down. Here is the message I get in the log:

[03:42:48] + Attempting to send results
                [03:44:32] Couldn't send HTTP request to server (wininet)
                [03:44:32] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
                [03:44:32] (171.64.65.58:8080)
                [03:44:32] - Error: Could not transmit unit 01 (completed February 9) to work server.

[03:44:32] + Attempting to send results
                [03:44:34] Couldn't send HTTP request to server (wininet)
                [03:44:34] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
                [03:44:34] (171.65.103.100:8080)
                [03:44:34] Could not transmit unit 01 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
                [03:44:34] + Connections closed: You may now disconnect

Could I have some help, please?
                If you are using IE7 try changing your "use internet explorer settings" set to no.

Comment

• Pseudonym34
                  • Nov 2006

@soup

03:41:01] + Attempting to get work packet
                  [03:41:01] - Connecting to assignment server
                  [03:41:06] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.65.58).
                  [03:41:06] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
                  [03:41:07] Loaded queue successfully.

[03:44:34] + Processing work unit
                  [03:44:34] Core required: FahCore_78.exe
                  [03:44:34] Core found.
                  [03:44:34] Working on Unit 02 [February 9 03:44:34]

@jm1647

I am still using IE6. I hate the long download time for IE7 through dial up.

Comment

• soup
                    Just Trying To Help
                    • Nov 2005

I think you should still follow jm1647's advice anyway. I think he is using the same as you, I am using a different version of the program.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

The server you tried to send to is OK right now but it coulda had trouble receiving earlier.

you could try to send the results again by doing -send all Shut the console down.

If you have a shorcut to the console add -send all to the end of the shortcut and start it up

See http://folding.stanford.edu/console-userguide.html

Comment

• UncasMS
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2001

for those of you with an ATI 1900 or dual cores running (64bit!) linux or Mac OS X make sure to test the new clients!

a win xp/vista version is available which makes use of ATI's gpu instructions available on 1900 vga boards

The next major step forward: Streaming Processor cores (September 2006)
                        Much like the Gromacs core greatly enhanced Folding@home by a 20x to 30x speed increase via a new utilization of hardware (SSE) in PC’s, in 2006, Folding@home has developed a new streaming processor core to utilize another new generation of hardware: GPU’s with programmable floating-point capability. By writing highly optimized, hand tuned code to run on ATI X1900 class GPU’s, the science of Folding@home will see another 20x to 30x speed increase over its previous software (Gromacs) for certain applications. This great speed increase is achieved by running essentially the complete molecular dynamics calculation on the GPU; while this is a challenging software development task, it appears to be the way to achieve the highest speed improvement on GPU's.

In addition, through a collaboration with Pande Group, Sony has developed an analogous core for the PS3’s Cell processor (another streaming processor), which should see a significant speed increase for the science over the types of calculations we could previously do on a x86/SSE Gromacs core as well. Following what we did with the introduction of Gromacs, we will now switch benchmark machines and include an ATI X1900XT GPU in order to be able to benchmark streaming WUs (which cannot be run on non-GPU machines). This machine will also benchmark CPU units (which continue to be of value since GPUs work only for certain simulations) without using its GPU.

and linux + mac os clients now provide SMP functionality and it looks very promising what i see on my dual core MacBook right now

links can be found at the end of my initial posting to this thread
                        Last edited by UncasMS; 10 Feb 2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Pseudonym34
                          • Nov 2006

@jm1647

I think you were right about the server because I signed on a few minutes ago and the unit sent itself with no problems. Thank you again for all your help! I am still working slowly on unit 2.

@soup

I would have liked to have followed jm1647's advice...but I didn't know how to change it. lol. However everything seems to be copacetic now so I am going to leave well enough alone. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

Well a great big to you & Good Folding.

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Pseudonym34
                              @jm1647

I think you were right about the server because I signed on a few minutes ago and the unit sent itself with no problems. Thank you again for all your help! I am still working slowly on unit 2.

@soup

I would have liked to have followed jm1647's advice...but I didn't know how to change it. lol. However everything seems to be copacetic now so I am going to leave well enough alone. Thanks again for your help.
                              Glad it's working for you now, probably was the server, now you seen the link to check if it happens again

The changing the IE settings was a shot if you were running IE7.

Keep them proteins folding
                              folding, folding, folding
                              Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

• sheep
                                fluffy-soft cp-killer
                                • Oct 2006

Welcome pitchblack
                                Help to fight: * Alzheimer's Disease * Cancer * Huntington's Disease * Osteogenesis Imperfecta * Parkinson's Disease * Ribosome & antibiotics More information http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=69457

Comment

Working...