X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pseudonym34
    "There are two types of sacrifices - sound ones and mine." - Tal
    • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by locoeng
    that is in the 5,000,000 size eh? Big enough for me...takes a day or two.
    @loco

Yeah, it takes me about two to three days to do a 186 unit, so please don't get me wrong! I just have a regular, store bought laptop. But I figure if it is going to take me an extra day to get another 200 points I might as well get the bigger work unit.

@jm

I didn't want to configure the console that way because I was afraid I was going to get something huge to work on that would take weeks instead of the ones I am currently getting that take 5 or 6 days at the most. I like to see results.

"How does Tal win? He developes all his pieces to the center and then sacrifices them somewhere." -Bobby Fischer

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

@soup there has been trouble with the 103.106 and 103.106 servers....lotta net load too. 106 was down today/

@volfann I did 2 of them 1 of them got sent back for credit and the other is still stuck in the queue on my other box since the 15th with a 2913....nice points

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

Thanks jm1647, I just thought it was weird that the one went & the other didn't. I guess when it is assigned to a server to send results, it keeps trying the same one & doesn't look for another one.

Comment

• volfann
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Jun 2006

Do we have a team name?? I know we are connected to DVF,but I have noticed teams in other forums with descriptive names after the formal name. I.E. wolves,badgers ,crunchers,munchers.. I suggest "The DVF Grim Rippers" since most of us here seem to have an interest in ripping. Just my 1/50th of a dollar.
          sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i wouldnt know where to change/add team specs - would anybody else?

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

I am just wondering if changing the team name will do the same if you change your user name? The points & WU's that were done stay with the old name & you basically start fresh. Look at myself & Furious. I have put a couple of feelers out on your question UncasMS, to people that have been folding longer than us.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by UncasMS
                i wouldnt know where to change/add team specs - would anybody else?
                In the config FAQ it has

-config
                Allows users to change their configuration information. This includes user & team names (reflected in the stats), whether or not to ask before a network connection is made to fetch/send work, set up proxy servers, preferred work unit type (Folding/Genome), process priority, CPU usage requested (5-100%), whether or not to use assembly loops, whether or not to use deadline information, and Machine ID changes.

I don't know if the team name is only in the config for the person that created the team. All I see in mine is the team number.

Last edited by jm1647; 20 Apr 2007, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

we better wait for some "knowledgable" response instead of my messing with our team/...

loosing our stats will make YOU ...

and ME

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

@ jm

i'll take a look

in case i will never log in to this forum you all know what happened

++++++++++

the config parameter let's you change your name or fold for a different team but it doesnt let you change anything concerning the team id itself
                    Last edited by UncasMS; 20 Apr 2007, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by UncasMS
                      @ jm

i'll take a look

in case i will never log in to this forum you all know what happened

++++++++++

the config parameter let's you change your name or fold for a different team but it doesnt let you change anything concerning the team id itself
                      Your right we would not want to start all over, we are about to crack the gwiz barrier

I just looked at the make a team page. http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/createteam.pl

The first line is team name, I guess we are Digital Video Forum by the team home page.

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

But it does have this

To create a new team fill in the fields below.
                        If the name does not duplicate a team name already present,
                        we will associate a number with your team name and tell you the number.
                        Anybody who wants to contribute their work units toward your team
                        should enter that number in their client configuration.
                        We ask for a name and password in case you ever wish
                        to alter the name at some point in the future.

Comment

• UncasMS
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2001

i have found what is necessary now lets hope i remember all the data they want to know in oder to authenticate

i may change the team name just to see if i will be able to and if i'll manage to do so successfully maybe we should have some proposals and finally a poll as to what we want to change the name to?

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

mission accomplished - welcome to The DVF Grim Rippers

now let me ask you: what team name should we go for?

let's collect some more proposals in addition to "The DVF Grim Rippers"

we will have a poll in the end and see what we get

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

Alright...I've always wanted to be a grim ripper.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                              Walt Kelly

Comment

• volfann
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Jun 2006

Wow! That was quick action. I'm not sure why that name popped into my head. Thanks Uncas. I'm open to any other naming suggestions.
                                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

Working...