X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

AFTER the error did you kill all mpiexec.exe + fah.exe + fahrcore_a1.exe?

this would always be my first step and next comes running install bat and finally the restart via fah.exe

i wouldnt know what caused the error but i have had it myself, too and i know it sucks but keep in mind project 2610 will give you 1523 pts as reward *g*

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

@soup - there a topic in the F@H SMP forum about the ERROR 0x7b. Nobody seems to know what causes it yet. If ya can, join the forum and post your logs, it might help getting SMP outta beta quicker.

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

AFTER the error did you kill all mpiexec.exe + fah.exe + fahrcore_a1.exe?
        Yes, but then I cleaned everything out. Add/Removed, ran System Suite registry fix, ran Registry Mechanic, did a search for all FAH or Folding on PC, anything found deleted & finished off with System Suite registry defrag. Then went to folding and downloaded new SMP client, restarted as of midnight last night. Thanks for the info jm1647, if this one does the same thing, I will keep all info so I can post whatever they need, right now all I have left is a copy of the work folder that I copied on to my other drive.

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Please correct me if I am wrong here but my take from this is to check Task Manager after you use ctrl+c just to make sure that they all have stopped & if they haven't, end the processes?

19) Unless you plan to reboot, when you stop the client with CTRL-C be sure that the processes FahCore_a1.exe and mpiexec and/or smpd have stopped. Many folks are finding that they need to kill mpiexec manually and or stop/start the smpd service. If you restart the client without doing this, the WU may be deleted. A common message is MISSING_WORK_FILES.

Many folks are finding that they need to kill mpiexec manually and or stop/start the smpd service.
          Call me dumb here & I haven't had a coffee yet, but where does start the SMPD service come in to this if you are closing everything down?
          Last edited by soup; 28 Apr 2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

what you quoted with 19) is exactly what i experienced and the solution i posted is just what you seemed to have found at the smp forum

maybe i should have gone there too when i tried to figure out how to solve the messy behaviour - could have saved me a couple of hours of my time

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

maybe i should have gone there too when i tried to figure out how to solve the messy behaviour - could have saved me a couple of hours of my time
              It is truly amazing what we find after the fact (LOL). I have a few more hours invested in trying to clean this up (damn I wished I had started on computers earlier) but I am learning as I go. It is a good thing you did starting this team UncasMS, keep up the great work.

Edit: I just wanted to make sure that people know when I post this stuff this bad stuff here, it is not to whine or complain but to possibly help people down the road who might go through the same thing, especially if we find a solution & post it, that means that others might not have to suffer what we go through & have a smooth folding experience. I posted this log at the Folding Support Forum, hopefully it will help. This one did not take long to go down.

F@H3.txt

Another edit:
              Yes, there is a slight chance of data loss with this version of the SMP Win beta client, even though the client does save checkpoints. To lessen that chance, run the install.bat file after each logoff/restart of the computer (before restarting the client).
              Last edited by soup; 29 Apr 2007, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

welcome to the team, graves!

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

graves.

Comment

• jm1647
                    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                    • Apr 2005

Welcome to the team graves !!!!! We are all glad to have ya!!!!

Comment

• UncasMS
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2001

thanx to the 23 folders who constantly worked this weeks units we will reach a new team record by the end of this week!

our best week so far was last week with 36.811pts and right now the stats list 36.378 for us this week but we have another 2300+ pts to add to that and thus we're close to a 40.000pt week but i dont think we will cross the 40.000 this week

btw are there any PS3 owners here???
                      if so fire up your console and let them do a little work for the team - they earn big pts!
                      Last edited by UncasMS; 30 Apr 2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• locoeng
                        Who Farted?
                        • Dec 2005

Welcome aboard Dan (Graves).

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                        Walt Kelly

Comment

• Furiousg
                          If you have any poo....throw it now
                          • Dec 2005

How long of a run would be sufficient to complete a work unit with that SMP client Uncas. My machine gets used during the day, but runs 7-8 hours straight over night ( E6600 @3.2ghz ) Would that be enough time or would I be wasting resources and finish the WU's in time.
                          -FuriousG-

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

give it a try

it will take more than those 8hrs but on the other hand your daytime work wont take all the available cpu power so the client should happily fold away

a none oc'ed 6600 will take (cant remember though which project it was exactly) from 15mins onwards per frame

Comment

• soup
                              Just Trying To Help
                              • Nov 2005

Does anybody out there know if you should do an OCCT stress test while Folding or shut Folding down to do the test?

Comment

• UncasMS
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2001

i wouldnt run a stress test and a folding client at the same time

Comment

Working...