X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vw56german
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jun 2005

Yeah, I can understand a company trying to post requirements so they dont axe out a large portion of the potential client base. What irks me is that they post "minimum specs" that are far below what I have and what I have seems to meet their "optimal specs". I did an update to the drivers from the VisionTek site, and there was a small improvement, I think it will be playable. With my novice gaming skills I should be able to save enough money for a better set up by the time I reach true "Thugness". (parish the thought if DRF was to be exposed to this game. (jk Danny))

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

lol damn good game, though i did like vice city better (the virtual "sandbox" was much smaller than SA, as well as vehicles/minigames/features, but i found VC much more fun for some reason)
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• ShisHKbob
        • Nov 2004

I recently got that game and went from using my old radeon x800se 128mb up to the radeon x1900 512mb video card....talking about a HUUUUGE difference!!

as the saying goes, "there's no replacement for displacement"

Comment

• Budreaux
          • Jan 2006

Well, considering you are goina to start saving up for a new build, let me suggest one thing for starters.
          Decide on the soundcard and get that now/first. Your sound is pulling from the CPU and with you using a PCI vid card, it strains it even more. So, installing the soundcard on your current rig will lower the load on the CPU and up your frame rates.

anonymez...... if you are getting the 7600GT next week, is there the possiblity you would wanna sell that 6800GT?

Budreaux

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by Chewy

anony and uncasms would approve?

i'm not sure actually; an 6800xt should be a fine vga but ...

... if only 7800 and above wouldnt be that pricey
            Last edited by UncasMS; 7 Sep 2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

anonymez...... if you are getting the 7600GT next week, is there the possiblity you would wanna sell that 6800GT?
              i've got my new 7900GT already, it was replacing an ATI X800XL which will likely go on ebay
              "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...