Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

yes you would hypothetically only delete the old system partition and reformat when doing a reinstall of windows

as a repair disk(2nd repair option) you would not

Comment

• JakeBlues
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by katzdvd
      @jake - I do, all the time, on memorex media!
      OK.. OK.. ummm LAME media, (ie memorex is CMC crap) and 100% quality burns... please teach me, master. For I am TRUELY not worthy of such knowledge... but seek the enlightenment. Will you favor me with screen shots of the 100% quality burns via cd-dvd speed?!

For I am but a humble student groveling at your feet and I thirst to drink from you fountain of knowledge....
      ( I jest not....)
      yea, though I walk through the valley of darkness.. I am NOT worthy

(hehe)
      ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

yes you would hypothetically only delete the old system partition and reformat when doing a reinstall of windows
        I believe i mislead you...

What I mean is - Can I use the Slipstream CD to install on a brand new, untouched drive? That was in reference to my question about the partitioning.

Also - typically, how small are the ISO's that you create?

My first attempt was 411 mb; second attempt was 392 mb. I am sure there is a lot more I can get rid of, but not certain of what all items to discard.

And from the FAQ;
        Why am I getting the corrupted sys file on F6 floppy driver loading?
        Have you experienced that error?

Solution -
        That is the Windows bug (or a feature) when using Unattended in any way. So to solve that either don't use Unattended page, or delete i386\winnt.sif file (amd64\winnt.sif for 64bit). Or integrate that floppy driver with nLite driver integration page (recommended).

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

Will you favor me with screen shots of the 100% quality burns via cd-dvd speed?!
          Darn, and I just dumped all those screenshots

Jake, I am just joking w/ you

I dare say a 100% burn is not possible, except maybe with a little touch up work with photoshop!

Although I seem to recall I did see a 99 on here somewhere before...probably one of Chewys

Comment

• JakeBlues
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Dec 2006

What was it kyle called on the rigged carnival games..
            errrrrr.. episode 213...
            ummmmmmm.... episode called "cow days" *grunts*
            SHENANIGANS!
            thats the one!

Phew, then I can sleep easy(ier) tonight knowing that the 95 I got once it as close to the grail as I can get....
            ================================================== ======

Darn, and I just dumped all those screenshots

Jake, I am just joking w/ you

I dare say a 100% burn is not possible, except maybe with a little touch up work with photoshop!

Although I seem to recall I did see a 99 on here somewhere before...probably one of Chewys
            ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

Of more importance is the PIF, instead of relying on the QS so much.

Check this out.

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

I guess I didn't do something right with nlight; I just placed the cd I created in the pc to try to run it, The screen came up for me to select what I wanted to do; Install Windows, Browse CD, etc. I chose Install Windows & it is now asking me for the product key, which I thought was already included in this "automated" version of installing, since I entered it when creating it in nlite.

Is this right or wrong?

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

you should be booting to the cd

Comment

• katzdvd
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Feb 2006

you should be booting to the cd

Comment

• katzdvd
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Feb 2006

Ok, looks good

rebooted, deleted/re-created part. now formatting - hopefully all downhill from here.

Comment

• katzdvd
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Feb 2006

Does anyone know where a fellow might be able to find short IDE cables? I only need 10" + - but all I see in that size is single connector, & of course, I need master/slave. The only ones I see (3) connector on is 18"...
                        Last edited by katzdvd; 20 Apr 2007, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Budreaux
                          • Jan 2006

Ok, I work the night shift and I'm sitting here reding this thread, enjoying it,I might add, and all of a sudden I see this section...

My nose is burning from the energy drink I just sent shooting through it..thank you very much......

I haven't ever used this app before.... will it allow me to replace the activation notifier as well, since I would be reinstalling it on the same rig?

Budreaux

Comment

• Budreaux
                            • Jan 2006

Does anyone know where a fellow might be able to find short IDE cables? I only need 10" + - but all I see in that size is single connector, & of course, I need master/slave. The only ones I see (3) connector on is 18"...
                            Fold and clip together...IDE cables easily folded for routing, but the same can be sone for shorteing them as well.

Personally, I would just make rounded cables out of your IDE flat cables. Easy process, just pay attention to where/how you cut them... I've done it so many times now that I can;t see paying extra for them by buying them premade. Some wireloom dies a great job and they are easily routed and reduce air flow obstruction.

You can also remove the IDE connector and cut the ribbon to size and rmount the connector, but this is very tedious work if you don;t have the tool for doing it yourself.
                            Last edited by Budreaux; 20 Apr 2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Feb 2006

I haven't ever used this app before.... will it allow me to replace the activation notifier as well, since I would be reinstalling it on the same rig?
                              Dream on, Budreaux

BTW, I am using rounded cables, they don't fold too well

Comment

• Budreaux
                                • Jan 2006

LOL.. I know..BUT..don;t dismiss this so soon.... I've been giving it some thought and it may require some file editting and repackaging, but since I found out about this nice little app, I'm willing to bet that it can be done....
                                I'll try and look into this during the weekend, if I have the time....unless anyone has some sollid reasons as to why it will not work with some data to back it up.

Comment

Working...