Clear All
  • JakeBlues
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Dec 2006

Foe Chew Meister!

Originally Posted by Chewy
    run forrest run/chewy duh
    For you bro.... I did one in a false voice and the other in a REAL voice and thought DAYUM I sound the same!!! Made me laugh so hard not only did I make lemonade in my pants I spent half the day laughing at myself!
    ..thanks

ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Chewy - With nlite, I see it is possible to include drivers, hotfixes, addons, etc. all in the same slipstream. Is this a good practice? Does it all load well at once?

@jake -
      I MEAN ANYONE PERSON ON THIS FORUM, PRO OR NEWBIE GOT A 100% quality burn!????
      I do, all the time, on memorex media!

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by katzdvd
        Chewy - With nlite, I see it is possible to include drivers, hotfixes, addons, etc. all in the same slipstream. Is this a good practice? Does it all load well at once?

little steps grasshopper

that's why I like autopatcher, they are good at that stuff

drivers would be a good idea tho

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

that's why I like autopatcher, they are good at that stuff
          I followed that thread. I was just thinking if nlite can do it all at once on 1 cd, why not?!?

But, I will just do the essentials; XP home, SP2, & the vid driver. And, I guess the onboard sound & "cool n quiet" too. That way, the dev. manger should look good when I finish?

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

I would avoid including any drivers, will be "unclean" when you want to update them (and you may wish to, since you don't know how well these drivers work on your system yet). IMO limit it to SP2 and any critical updates/hotfixes.
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

Anony - ok, will do. I was looking at nvida site, & want to make sure of the vid driver that I need;

Is this right? Nov. 06 latest one.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

do you realize there are 60 critical updates thru feb for xp sp2

Comment

• katzdvd
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Feb 2006

yes... are you suggesting to just slipstream home & SP2 & then apply the critical updates later?

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

Is this right? Nov. 06 latest one.
                    Yes, those are the ones you're after. Even if they are almost 6 months old!

No, but this is the sort of thing nlite was designed for. 60 updates is far too many LOL, I think just go with SP2 then. Personally I haven't needed any critical updates or hotfixes past SP2.
                    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

autopatcher allows you to save them just in case you need them again

don't take IE 6 on the internet today without it's patches

Comment

• katzdvd
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Feb 2006

I just created an ISO with nlite, (XP home/SP2) didn't burn yet. I didn't notice an option to create partitions during install - did I miss that? I will look again...

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

you should be deleting and recreating the system partition, second time around it should be safe to do a fast format

Comment

• katzdvd
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Feb 2006

ok - I thought this was a "fast install", as in; insert the cd & walk away! I didn't know that you had to start by deleting/recreating the partition.

Hmmm...Still a wee bit unclear; isn't this slipstream to be used during a virgin initial install? Partitions wouldn't be created yet.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

Is that not the same hard drive you installed windows on yesterday?

Comment

• katzdvd
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Feb 2006

I created the ISO on my main pc. I don't have the *new* pc connected to the net yet, have to move some things around in the pc room.

But yes, the new pc has windows installed on it. I was just speaking hypothetically, as If you were to install a new HD, & want to run the slipstream on it. (creating partitions, etc.)

Comment

Working...