Jake Wants a New Computer or to build one!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volfann
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Jun 2006

Try to avoid Tiger Direct if you can Jake. They are notorious for never sending rebates. Took me 8 months and several phone calls and nastygrams to ever get my last rebate from them.. Haven't purchased from them since. Newegg can generally meet or beat their price on any item.
    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

I have never had a problem with Tigerdirect and rebates always got them promptly.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• JakeBlues
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Dec 2006

Edit: Dayum, it still ain't working for me.. maybe after a reboot? Gotta worry with it tomorrow but something in the nero itself dealing with the read settings... "I changed them to max just to see, it gave THEN gave me the "start" button, but when I pressed it.. I got that same error again "error initilizing something.. yaddah yaddah yaddah, dang why can't it be simple?
        Thank you dude.. I'll go digging, one thing did catch my eye and I am still LMAO about it chewy says to you in #15 "now soup we're gonna have to send you back to jedi school for a refresher" ..wahaha
        NOT that he said it to YOU.. just he has a way with phrase sometimes..
        funny.. also "yoda said you had the force, I see you do, most wouldn't have saved that log"
        Sometimes it's tking the trip to the facts that's the fun part!

When I followed the steps in #60 Start / run / regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / ahead / Nero Toolkit / CD Speed / CD Quality / value will be blocked on the right hand side / right click on blocked / modify / remove. ..the last box had the plextor/samsung and something else popped up I just took those OUT of the box and hit ok (remove as in remove them from the box and not put the word remove in there.)
        I know I missed something in my fast over look but why the hell does it do that in the first place?

[/quote=soup;522660]With the Samsung you have to pay a little visit to the registry so that it will be able to do the Disc Quality Scan. I think it is in this thread but it was a while ago.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=68884.

Edit: If you want the full story start at Page #3, Post #33 to the end. If you want the shortcut Page #4, Post #60.[/quote]
        Last edited by JakeBlues; 6 Apr 2007, 03:30 PM. Reason: more info
        ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• volfann
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
          I have never had a problem with Tigerdirect and rebates always got them promptly.
          Then you are one of the lucky few! They are by far the worst company I have ever done any business with.
          sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

@ Jake, type Plextor back in that box, I seem to remember you have to leave something in there & as Nero don't like Plextor, that might as well be the one.

Comment

• JakeBlues
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by soup
              @ Jake, type Plextor back in that box, I seem to remember you have to leave something in there & as Nero don't like Plextor, that might as well be the one.
              You may wanna go back and update that bro....

Thankz!
              ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

As soon as you let me know that you got the Samsung scanning, I will add that in. You also might want to look at this link, Post #648 on.
                Last edited by soup; 7 Apr 2007, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• JakeBlues
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by soup
                  As soon as you let me know that you got the Samsung scanning, I will add that in. You also might want to look at this link, Post #648 on.
                  OK brother man.........
                  I got it to burn THIS one that was a movie read from the Sony dru700-a, but burned with the NEW samsung to work, BUT it got pretty crappy results. So I'm guessing when I typed back in the string "plextor" and I got a "start" button and it read the sucka.. I'm guessing it's working.
                  My only question is this... HOW do I trust the results if Samsung aren't cd-dvd drive friendly?
                  I'm like all confused!

I am having a different set of problems from this samsung than when you guys were helping me set up that Sony when I first started! I probably got over 100 burns from that and about 100 coasters since I was new but I only paid $5.99 per 25 for Those Damn Coasters so the first 100 were prolly learning tools! So lets say... 200 burns.. not bad (heh)
                  Continued in next post.......
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by JakeBlues; 7 Apr 2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• JakeBlues
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2006

Ok Chewy, SOup, Ratboy, Katz, Blooie, Looie, (heh) and gang I need ya...

Due to family problems and job problems I had to halt finishing my computer for now... I could explain but my life is a Yawn-A-Palooza to most...
                    I installed the SamSung drive the SH-S182m in to this Dell for now so I can get a back log of movies caught up......

The very first one I tried to rip went fine... I watched the final ISO on here and it looked great (I was just dying to watch the movie...) Then went to BURN it and the first error I got was this ... it's an attached screen shot #1.

The first time I re-did EVERYTHING straight back to the rip.... I had time.
                    Then went to burn again and got THAT error. So Second go round.. I hit "continue" and got a coaster. (it's got info but ya can't watch it on anything)
                    This is one of those burners that is suppose to bitset right out of the box... so I think it's JAKE ERROR and not the fault of the computer!

Too Be Continued...

OK Edit: As you can see I have already updated the firmware to the latest version and used the flasher in SAFE MODE (second screen shot) to do so and actually did a good job... heheh #2 screenshot (GO ME GO ME!)

Edit #2 : (when I go to change the book type..) this is what I see on my screen attachment #3-screenshot/ Question at this point... if this burner bitsets right out of the box (automatic) do I even need to be changing the book type or does it matter?!

PS.. it's 6:45 am and it's snowing like crazy here.. I'm tired, but I woke up at 3:15 and after having a few steel reserve before bed.. now my ass is Dragging again, bed time!! I'll see you tomorrow or Sunday (have a good holiday!!!!!!!!!)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by JakeBlues; 7 Apr 2007, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• JakeBlues
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      • Dec 2006

Ok chewy .. "intermission" (see WoodStock director's cut DVD..wahaha)

When I installed the Samsung SH-S182M into the DELL I noticed the Sony dru 700-a on the back had 3 settings (standard) Master/Slave/Cable Select
                      On the Sony it was set to CS..
                      So I did the NEW SAMSUNG the same way... IF I Disconnect the Samsung 616 aka "the doorstop" from the ribbon... and THEN attach the SH-S182M change the setting to master (on the S182M) and connect it back to the Mo-Bo using the SAME Ribbon does it MATTER if it's on the end connection (..of the ribbon) or on the middle connection (of the ribbon)?.. or does it matter, I can't remember!
                      Note: there are NO other things attached to THAT ribbon...

(ummm would this help the quality of the burns once I get ALL my ripit4 thru imburns settings straightened out?)
                      Something tells me when I installed the NEW ImgBurn I should have chosen the blue pill... errr I mean chosen NOT TO SAVE THE SETTINGS from before.
                      Thank Ya... (all)

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

for the 80 conductor cable I would go standalone master at end of cable

for the 40 conductor cable I would leave cable select and hook to same position that the old drive was hooked--durn dell

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

Samsung booktype.

@ Jake - Booktype, my Samsung if I looked everytime would come up exactly the same but it always ends up DVD-ROM. Try just doing a burn, don't go in to booktype & then when it's done, scroll down the right hand window & you will see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BT1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	913310 Click image for larger version

Name:	BT2.jpg
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	913311 Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	913312 Click image for larger version

Name:	BT4.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	913313

BTW if you click Alt/Printscreen, you capture the active window only.

Comment

• katzdvd
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Feb 2006

That disc scan looks odd? (Post #233) Usually the media falls off at the end of the burn, but that scan shows the beginning looking bad & it gets better towards the end.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

I don't think he has scanned a samsung burn yet? Jake be sure and use the little floppy to save cdspeed scans(top right)

Comment

• JakeBlues
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
                                I don't think he has scanned a samsung burn yet? Jake be sure and use the little floppy to save cdspeed scans(top right)
                                Chewster... what's the difference in the CD-DVD speed sceenshots I've been givien and the little "floppy" info at the top right of each screen on that program??? (and if I must... do i hit the "little floppy" icon to save that on EACH test?!).. I am NOT sure.

.. btw, I ask for furture learning purposes.

Thank you and may the FARCE be with you.
                                (heh)
                                ME

Comment

Working...