• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
    P.S. excuse the quick hostage situation Gonwk. I'm not really into hijacking.
    theres always the first time
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Originally Posted by atifsh
      theres always the first time
      Should we hold him for a while. They might not negotiate w/terrorists here on the forum either.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

where that we comes from buddy, who are u do i know you

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

with 4 gb or more u will get 64bit only... should have bought3 gb to get 32 bit with optional 64bit upgrade most companies provide.

thats a good machine u have. what battery life ur getting outof it.
          Yo atifsh,

Is your Q directed to me or what ... if so, with my Moniotr & everything set to MAX I get easily 2 hours and 30 minutes out of the Battery ... with Normal Setting on Battery get about 3+ hours ... haven't really paid attention to it in this mode. But the darn LG Battery gets Hotter than dickens ... I never seen a Laptop or External Drive AC Charger get so HOT ... almost like is cooking up inside!

G!

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
            Should we hold him for a while. They might not negotiate w/terrorists here on the forum either.
            Hi dr_ml,

Dude ... are you trying to get me in a jam ...

G!

Comment

• doctorhardware
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2006

The battery in my Acer Aspire gets very hot too. I only get around 45 minutes out of my battery. So I leave the laptop connected to the power supply all the time.
              Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

Originally Posted by gonwk
                Yo atifsh,

Is your Q directed to me or what ... if so, with my Moniotr & everything set to MAX I get easily 2 hours and 30 minutes out of the Battery ... with Normal Setting on Battery get about 3+ hours ... haven't really paid attention to it in this mode. But the darn LG Battery gets Hotter than dickens ... I never seen a Laptop or External Drive AC Charger get so HOT ... almost like is cooking up inside!

G!
                that is impressive for standard battery that i think u have right? u dont have extended battery?

cant say bout battery but seen acer adapter getting so hot that starts a hissing sound, maybe charger/afdapter problem, dell and sony i use battery/charger gets hot as they should be nothing tobe alarmed bout.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2006

If the ac adapt is getting so hot it starts hissing. It could be that adapt, or the battery has a short causing the adapt to draw more current. If the battery is totally drained, then the adapter will get hot due that the battery Will draw more current during the charging phase.
                  Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• jwo62
                    Super Moderator
                    • May 2005

do i like vista?

yes,i love it. 64 bit too.

my only issue has been the non compatability of 16 bit programs.
                    ________
                    MERCURY EIGHT PICTURE
                    Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by jwo62
                      do i like vista?

How's the new PC workin' out so far? I almost had my mind made up to spring for it, then Best Buy "outleted" it and now none of the new PC
                      seem to come with Q6700 anymore. All new fangled CPUs with 8 GB ram.

Comment

• gonwk
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2005

that is impressive for standard battery that i think u have right? u dont have extended battery?

cant say bout battery but seen acer adapter getting so hot that starts a hissing sound, maybe charger/afdapter problem, dell and sony i use battery/charger gets hot as they should be nothing tobe alarmed bout.
                        Hi atifsh,

Yes ... it is is just a Standard Battery ... I am surprisingly happy ... but I am always next to a Wall outlet anyway ... but since I have been reading about "Prolonging Battery Life" ... I unplug my AC anytime I see my laptop battery charged to 100% and then run it down to about 20% and plug back in.

BTW, I am too crazy about the Standard Program that Gateway has for ALERTing me on Battery going down ... I wish they had a SOUND ALARM that would come on to alert me ... I only get teh Stupid little Alarm in my TRAYBAR ... which if I am not looking at my laptop I will miss it and the darn laptop goes into shut-down.

Q: Does anyone know of a FREEWARE that can have SOUND ALARM for Battery Condition?

BTW, my AC Charger on this Gateway get spretty darn HOT & TOASTY ... I am pretty worried!!!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by jwo62
                          do i like vista?

Hi jwo,

Q: How have you been getting around that!?!?

To me that is a MAJOR problem ... especially with all the Freewares that we use for DVD and Video stuff!

Thanks!

G!
                          Last edited by gonwk; 1 Nov 2008, 02:17 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• atifsh
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2003

gonwk
                            i have a friend who have a very unusual way of using his laptop, what he does is remove the battery while he uses laptop at home / bed / desk.

Comment

• gonwk
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2005

i have a friend who have a very unusual way of using his laptop, what he does is remove the battery while he uses laptop at home / bed / desk.
                              Hi atifsh,

From my readings ... actually that is a good practice for making your Battery last a bit Longer. But most people don't like the hassle. Basically if the battery is not charging and discharging you are saving some life on it. But if you are pullin your battery out make sure is at 40% charge level. They say that is the ideal level to leave it at when not being used or "stored".

G!

Comment

• jwo62
                                Super Moderator
                                • May 2005

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                                How's the new PC workin' out so far? I almost had my mind made up to spring for it, then Best Buy "outleted" it and now none of the new PC
                                seem to come with Q6700 anymore. All new fangled CPUs with 8 GB ram.

no serious problems yet.

i have to admit,i dont realy see the speed i thought i would see. moving up from a 1.4 ghz/640mb ram pc to a 2.66ghz quad core with 6 gb. ram,i expected to see dramatic increase in speed. only the ability to burn dvds at higher speeds. but i still keep it down to 8x. but i am now capable of 22x.

but our favorite programs ..like dvd2one etc,seem about the same. this may be partly due to them not using all of the cores correctly.

i got around the 16 bit program issue by keeping my old pc next to my new one. i actually really like this. ik can play on one pc,and work on the other simultaneously.
                                ________
                                Arizona Medical Marijuana
                                Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...