X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Adblock plus is a great add on, especially with No Script.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

It's next believe me. Can i just go to the original link posted in this thread and get it? Thnx.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

FireFox / Tools / Add-ons / Get Extensions.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Thnx Soup. Will get to it soon.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Everything ok w/Adblock plus. Noticed though I had to disable it on the forum or it wouldn't let me post... No Biggie.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

auto fill forms

When buying stuff online I used to like Opera because I could use the Wand to fill in the forms. Then I realized the stuff you type into Wand is stored in Opera6.ini in clear text under the section [Personal Info] ... ouch!!! So I've been spending some time trying to find a good free way to fill a form that's not stored in plain text. I tried RoboForm but any idea I had of maybe shelling out to upgrade to Pro version was killed by the phrase "online activation" in the FAQ.

Best freebie I've found so far that does some encrypting of the info is Auto Fill Forms Firefox addon:

You can set it to use Firefox Master Password to encrypt the data. Only drawback is Firefox passwords you have to set the same way. But you only have to type in the password once during a Firefox session so it's not a big chore.

Try it on a few different sites before you give up on it. The first site I tried
              it filled my street address into almost every field. The second site it worked
              perfectly so it can be thrown off by overly complex form labels.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

1 quick ?. Is it strongly suggested to check off on clear private data when closing the browser? If so and if it can indeed be done, where besides tools and options on Firefox can you go clear any personal info on forms and such? I've been thinking about this 4 a while now as I've noticed that days or weeks could go by and if i go lets say to newegg once i punch the first key Bam, my whole form history's on. All's left to do is click finish. Thnx.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Usually what I do on browsers is just set it to clear cache and cookies on exit. Then if I want to clear form data, history, etc... I use CCleaner. On the 2nd tab of the Cleaner Options there are other browsers besides IE and you can check off what you want to purge.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

I got you. Thnx Miles.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

Anyone know what to do so the pages can stop looking like waves when you're scrolling up and down? It's annoying and also slow. I've tried changing to auto-scrolling, smooth scrolling and still couldn't change it. Thnx. I'm on the last version of Firefox b4 3 if that helps or has anything to do w/it.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

C:\Documents and Settings\Chewy\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ur1k2l0l.default\Cac he\82B500BDd01 Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Delf.ilx 1

The selected area was scanned.
                        Here's what happens when you go to a very bad web page with FF to investigate spam here at this forum(several weeks ago)

If I had allowed scripts it would have installed

if you are going to install malware try to the get the latest state of the art ones

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

Let me run Avira and Spybot see if anything hooked me. I'll be back.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                            Let me run Avira and Spybot see if anything hooked me. I'll be back.
                            Both came up w/nothing except spybot w/windows security center which I put to ignore.

Think maybe it has to do w/settings in ff. I changed fonts to times new roman 16. also encoder I put to western europeon iso 8859-1. page style is set to basic page style.

This is really annoying me. Is this normal? My screen resolution is set to 1024x768. That's what helped me see the whole screen w/out using a scroll bar at the bottom. Any fix 4 this will really b appreciated.
                            Last edited by dr_ml422; 24 Jun 2008, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Dan
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Dec 2005

If it isn't a Graphic Driver or Firewall/Antivirus causing problems you could try a few of these suggestions for scrolling issues.

Install Yet Another Smooth Scrolling 2.0.8 maybe it will fix the problem.

You can also try removing the Mozilla ActiveX Control. It's not compatible with Firefox 2.x, and will cause problems. LINK

You can try tinkering in about:config and try this if you still don't have any luck.

1. Enter to about:config in your address bar.
                              2. In the "Filter" type mousewheel.withnokey
                              * mousewheel.withnokey.action should be 0
                              * mousewheel.withnokey.numlines should be some number greater than 0 (try increasing it)
                              * mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines: Toggle this one back and forth and try scrolling in a different tab to see if that helps

I would try the easy stuff first, hopefully it is an easy fix.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • May 2007

Dan the problem got fixed. I think it was the graphic driver. I think I installed it. Anyhow it's not waving anymore but I do have that safely remove hardware icon in my system tray that I alluded to in build thread. Maybe I just need to unplug the hard drives and plug them back in?

Comment

Working...