X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Seems it's usually a graphics driver or something like that, I'll have to check out the build thread I know the safely remove icon is displayed for a usb connection but I have no idea why it shows the HDD.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Hi Dan. It was the graphics driver. I stood up nearly all night but got the scker figured out. I customized the install on my graphics card so it won't include vista support, then I deleted the mom.exe that was showing up when I'd start my pc. That vista is 1 buggy sob. glad I bought my xp b4 they discontinued it. Now I'll just get a monitor for the new build so it won't readjust the settings should I put it back on the dell. The Dell was good to me. Not bad 4 a pre-built. still going strong. Thnx 4 the help as always.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Glad you got it worked out, looks like those systems are keeping you busy anyway,lol.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

You ain't kidding. Funny though, the build wasn't as bad, or isn't as learning all the lil stuff like folders, icons, and all the nooks and crannies. Guess they're right when they say it isn't the mountains that 1 has difficulty climbing but the pebbles on the way up.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

firefox myths

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

I'll bet anything there's a site saying the same thing about IE. Now whether it's true, biased or w/e is another thing. I seriously doubt most will switch back to IE because of these myth busters, but the reason for this was not to switch back, but rather inform and help keep a open mind about both IE and FF.

Otn, of course IE is faster in loading it's integrated straight into your os. It better be faster for having to be forced fed down our throats. I've noticed it's faster when I have to go there as well for certain sites not supported by FF. Which as of late are pretty far and between. I don't live in the UK so I'm not worrying about that myth being debunked.

My mom always told me each head has a world on to its own. Glass is either 1/2 full or 1/2 empty depending on how you look at it.

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

Friend put me on to this addon, BetterPrivacy.

Comment

• Abuilder
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2006

Originally Posted by soup
                  Friend put me on to this addon, BetterPrivacy.

They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

I have recently run into a few malware infections that hit firefox and leave IE alone.

After removing the infection FF still redirects google searches, no standard cleaner works

Please download GooredFix and save it to your Desktop. Double-click Goored.exe to run it. Select 1. Find Goored (no fix) by typing 1 and pressing Enter. A log will open, please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called Goored.txt). Note: Do not run Option #2 yet.

Go figure

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

Split Browser

I'm just trying out Split Browser FF AddOn in Minefield.

I thought it might be sort of useful until I tried it on Netflix. It's like the only way to navigate Netflix since they put all the DVDs in those sliding thingies. Just have a split view open and drag the icon of the movie and drop in on the other view. It avoids losing your place in the Netflix slider gizmo. Very cool. So far I haven't noticed any bugs.

Comment

Working...