• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

How's this for a router

Don't do any gaming as of now, but how's this router? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833127060

Would it still suffice as a regular good router for now? thnx. has excellent reviews. just want to connect my 2 pcs to it so i could use either one w/out unplugging ethernet cables etc...
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

What exactly do you want to achieve with your pcs?

I am wondering if not a simple gigabit switch like this Netgear would be just as fine but way more inexpensive?

I'm using a netgear gb switch together with two other netgear modem/router devices and it is a very good product.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Hi uncas. I just want to be able to use my 2 pcs w/out having to unplug the ethernet cable on one pc and plugging it into my other pc. all i have is the modem from verizon and it's connected to my new build via the ethernet cable. when i want to use my dell i have to unplug the ethernet cable from my new build and plug it into my dell. that's basically what i want to do for now. any file-sharing or w/e between the 2 is not needed as of now. thnx.

P.S. i have another ? i'm having problems finding an answer to on the web pertaining to dvi connectors. new post/thread on that? or can i ask it here. really need help w/it.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

in case you dont mind using the existing modem you have, go for the much cheaper Netgear switch.

hook to modem to the switch as well as your 2-4 pcs and you will have internet acces on all machines and a 1 gigabit transfer speed between the 2-4 pcs, which is the way to go as 100 mbit is painfully slow when exchanging bigger amounts of data

concerning your other question: why not post the link to that thread in here so one might be able to quickly take a look in case it is somehow related?

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Originally Posted by UncasMS
          in case you dont mind using the existing modem you have, go for the much cheaper Netgear switch.

hook to modem to the switch as well as your 2-4 pcs and you will have internet acces on all machines and a 1 gigabit transfer speed between the 2-4 pcs, which is the way to go as 100 mbit is painfully slow when exchanging bigger amounts of data

concerning your other question: why not post the link to that thread in here so one might be able to quickly take a look in case it is somehow related?
          Hi uncas. Ok. it's done. just ordered it. here's the link to my ?>http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=89100

Now the reason i need help w/this is because i needed something like i just ordered to not use the same monitor on both pcs and have different connections so as to isolate any issues pertaining to the above post.

If additional information needed I'll provide it. thnx.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Originally Posted by UncasMS

Netgear switch working like a charm. Also received my monitor back and that issue's been resolved as of now anyways. Thnx.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

good to hear that everything works just fine!

Comment

Working...